MiniCraft 1/48 X5F-1

Thomas_M
Admin

Re: MiniCraft 1/48 X5F-1

Post by Thomas_M »

LyleW wrote:Has anyone seen that little bitty part that flew out of my hands? Shown actual size -------------> .
Ah, this part on my bench is yours! I already wondered how it should fit my MRAP!
Wait, I´ll send it back over to you: snip!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Okay.....NOW it is personal! Time/space continuum be damned! Two parts hit the floor - could not find them. Gear won't fit properly (do not wait to install - do it when called for and then figure out a way to mask it)...When you install the braces on the main strut, the wheel hits it. Arrrgghhh. This morning, a piece of the strut fell off and inside the nacelle. I saw it. Now it is gone. Swept the floor again....found the pieces lost earlier (floor swept 5-6 times then).

Decals are on, but the gear will be as ugly as can be. I may do the long nose next just to see if it was me (80%) or the kit (20%).

Oh, and the furnace quit last night, around 1 A. M. Good thing the temps are going up, not down.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Furnace would have priority for me. Sunny day for some hours today, with temps going down the next days...
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Lyle - look in the straw of the broom. Maybe they're hiding in there. LOL! Sorry to hear of your troubles with the X5F-1. Keep plugging along and wrestle the darn thing into submission.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I have on other occasions. The strut that was missing showed up on the desk last night. Hold me, I'm scared. Anyway, calling this one done..

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looks good to me, Lyle considering the fits it gave you along the way. Well done!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's a great looking build Lyle - you really are improving with each build - Great stuff!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks guys. I hope so!

Return to “Seeing Double! The Prop Twins GB”