Vintage P-47 Crash

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Tojo72
Master Member

Vintage P-47 Crash

Post by Tojo72 »

Stikpusher

Re: Vintage P-47 Crash

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, I saw the ditching on the news last nite. Today on the web I saw that they had already recovered the aircraft out of the water.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Aircraft looks like it took almost no damage. Shame about the pilot, sounds like he got his foot caught on the canopy when he was trying to escape.
I get the feeling there wont be many pilots willing to fly this aircraft after this, superstitious bunch they are.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I heard about it last night. The thing that's bugging me the most is the aircraft looks awfully familiar because it looks like the same one I saw 2 years ago at the Rochester Air Show. I got to talk to the pilot and he was very easy to talk to. I'll have to go back and look at the pics of the aircraft I took back then. I am hoping and praying it's not him. He was a stand up guy.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

At least the 'Bolt can be salvaged. Such a great icon of WW2.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Free Discussion”