Stikpusher's GAABSA Builds -2nd Completed

Stikpusher

Re: Stikpusher's GAABSA Builds -1st Completed

Post by Stikpusher »

Oh you're gonna love airbrushing. It takes a little time to get the hang of it. But once you do, you're gonna really love it.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well the last few days I've been doing touch up work on the Sabre. Poking holes in the decals with a pin and then a coat of Micro Sol. The nose art and command stripes look decent enough, but this will definitely be a "three footer" when done. Get any closer and you'll see the problems in the decals.
After the touch ups with black decal stripes there were still some areas needing a little touch up to complete the black areas on some leading edge surfaces. So I used a Gundam paint marker for that precision work.

Then touch ups on the black borders to the ID bands

and I connected the tail checkers

and lastly I tidied up the underside portion of the belly ID band

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Woe, that blends right in! I might have to pick a few of those paint pens up. Well done Carlos!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark, those Gundam paint pens are really sweet for precision work. Brookhurst has them behind the register if you want to grab any. Much easier to control than a paint brush.

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Brookhurst Hobbies looks like Valhalla... Where is Garden Grove asks the boy from Pennsylvania to lazy to ask Lord Google for the answer. Not to worry; I will find this place one day. It looks quite spectacular.

Carlos, I will add another "wow" to Mark's "wow," I have trouble with typos too. I saw "woe" and thought of Conan the Barbarian: "Let him contemplate this on the Tree of Woe," wow, what a line and such a great, somewhat forgotten movie... and this has nothing to do with your F-86, lol.

Great pictures, with a lot of work being done with such care for details. I really like the color blending with decal elements and enamel paint, Carlos. That was a stroke of brilliance. Now, the marker adds the final flourish. Beautiful job.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

And I'll third that WOW Stik - nice work on those touch ups.

I too wil have to have a look-see at these pens, looks like they might be a useful addition to the toolbox.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

speedgraflex wrote:Brookhurst Hobbies looks like Valhalla... Where is Garden Grove asks the boy from Pennsylvania to lazy to ask Lord Google for the answer. Not to worry; I will find this place one day. It looks quite spectacular.

Garden Grove is almost directly south of Anaheim, and west of Orange where another good Hobby Shop is located. Brookhurst is one fine shop. I also love Military Hobbies and Pegasus Hobbies, along with Tony's Hobbies and Toys.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yup, Garden Grove is Central Orange County. Not too far from Disneyland (for a good solid reference point). It is a true old school hobby shop with models, games, books, and some collectible type items as well. No R/C stuff. Military Hobbies in Orange, like Mark said, is another great shop, that is just the scale models side of the house. I have yet to visit Pegasus Hobbies so I can't say anything about them. But I did hit many of the other now defunct great shops that used to be in this area.

Stuart, I highly recommend those paint pens if you do the tight detail work regularly such as stripes on missiles, etc.

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Carlos and Mark, thank you both. Sincerely.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Go Ahead You Styreniac, Build Something...Already”