Stuart's GAABSA Build's.

Post by Stuart »

Hi Gents,

So here are my builds for this GB....

New kit... TBA
Kit from Stash...TBA
SOD Build #1... TBA
SOD Build #2... TBA

... :giggles: Well ok, I'm going to be pretty flexable on most of these so I'll post em up as I choose them (I have few idea for the stash kit, including a DC-3 or Beaufighter - I've never built a twin, the SOD builds might well be an Airfix Tornado GR.1, an IAI MD500 Defender with full PE or a Hawker Typhoon mk.Ia)

As for the new kit - Here's my choice (I picked it up on Saturday), Airifx's New Tool 1/72 Grumman Martlet mk.IV.

I've had a good gawp at the plastic and it looks to be a really nice looking little kit. I really fancy building something WWII after all these jets so I'll be looking forward to cracking on with it. I'll be doing it with the wings folded and OOB. I'm not sure about some of the internal colour call outs but we'll see how it goes.

Cheers,

Stuart
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Re: Stuart's GAABSA Build's.

Post by Stikpusher »

Keeping us all in the dark, eh? Wise guy :puzzle:

The Martlett should be good... :popcorn:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Is that one of their new tool kits? It looks good!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:Keeping us all in the dark, eh? Wise guy :puzzle:

The Martlett should be good... :popcorn:
Lol - More like I don't know what I'm doing from one day to the next! :bag: on the SOD I do have an italeri 1/72 Hughes Defender that I had started to build ages ago, I'm going to do the IAF version with the nose mounted sight and TOW launchers. I was in the process of adding the airwaves PE set I got for it - that'll almost certainly be a build.

I hope so - the F4F has become a real favourite of mine and I've wanted to build a FAA version for a while.
BorgR3mc0 wrote:Is that one of their new tool kits? It looks good!
It is indeed, it's a re-release of their Wildcat kit from a few years back with the extra cowling added for the British version. It does look a really nice kit and I'll do some proper spure shots when I start.

Cheers

Stuart

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I like it! I also love the boxart of that thing shooting down a Vichy fighter. Awesome! I built a Defender some time back I did just OOB but it's a great little model. I want to see that one done.

Following along...
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Before I attack the wildcat I've decided to try and finish some wip, so my first GAABSA S.O.D build is this Italeri 1/72 Corsair...

I started this last year but it stalled after painting - this is where I got too...

So over the weekend I gloss coated it and started attacking the decals,

Cheers

Stuart

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Operation Muskateer F4U... :hmm: if only they had not been forced to withdraw due to politics... the history of the next decade or so in that part of the world...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:Operation Muskateer F4U... :hmm: if only they had not been forced to withdraw due to politics... the history of the next decade or so in that part of the world...
Yeah it does make you wonder...

I have few other aircraft in the stash to cover this theme.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Sounds good to me. I have an interest in that operation as well. The aircraft were quite distinct in their stripes. I have a few in my stash earmarked as well for that theme.

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Apologies guys - I've been a bit lack with this recently. The old Mojo's playing me up (too many ideas/builds I think) and I just can't seem to settle on anything. However I have been forcing myself to work on my two SOD build for this. I'm not really enjoying either build but I just want to get them off the bench.

The Corsair hasn't progressed much - but I have finished the decals and clear coats, as you can see from the picture below. I've just got to paint up and sort out EVERYTHING else :headslap: I really need to remember to get all of the U/C, weapons and other little bits painted up and Ready BEFORE I start decalling the fuselage - otherwise it's a reall MOJO killer for me to have to start it all over. :bag:

The other kit on the bench is the old Matchbox Hawk T.1 kit. I've been working on it for a few weeks on and off to get it going again and it's gone from this...

through this...

(cockpit detailk - woohoo!)

To this...

And then yesterday I actually managed to finish it - I just need to get some good light so I can post up some pictures.

Cheers

Stuart

Return to “Go Ahead You Styreniac, Build Something...Already”