JKim's Completed Builds (Restored..Again!)

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: JKim's Completed Builds (Restored)

Post by Duke Maddog »

Congrats on restoring everything, it is a thrill to see all this incredible work again.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Thanks guys! Thankfully, the post editor here makes it easier to fix the photo links since it lists the actual URL rather than show the image itself.

Here's another build of mine. This one is the Hasegawa 1/48 Hawker Typhoon Ib (Cardoor) in desert markings that I completed in 2014. Looking back on this, I can recognize my struggles with color choices. The interior is too much chromate and not enough green and I'm not sure what I was thinking with that blue bottom color! :roll:

Last edited by jkim on Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Wow! Now that is cool! Love that weathering. :shoutout:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Some of the colors may be a bit funky and loud... but it still looks pretty good in spite of those....
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

That blue underside look like the Eric Pillawski version of Russian underside blue.
I never knew there where desert Tiffies. Cool scheme!
ImageImageImageImageImage
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Thanks guys! There's definitely room for improvement in my modeling and I think its good to note the progress by referring to past builds. That's harder to do now with the Photobucket fiasco and that's one of the reasons I repaired this thread. I didn't know about the desert Typhoons either until I started some research for a Group Build on another site. Apparently, three Typhoon IB's were sent to the Middle East in 1943 for desert trials. They performed well but ultimately were not selected for desert duty. I chose to model DN323...

John aka JKim
-----------<><
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Perhaps another reason that the Typhoon's did not serve in the desert beyond trials is that the North Africa campaign ended in May of 1943. They were more pressingly needed in Western Europe in the air campaigns leading up to and after D-Day.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Very likely Carlos!
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

I am so thankful you took the effort to restore your beautiful pictures here! :shoutout:
Still trying to get my 2000+ pictures down from Photocrap onto SmuMug. Seems PB no longer enables me to download albums! So, I spend ages to download, safe, download, save, ...
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Wow... a desert scheme Tiffy! Nice!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Member's Gallery”