Scruffy's GAABSA Builds

Stikpusher

Re: Scruffy's GAABSA Builds

Post by Stikpusher »

Good deal scruffy... I look forward to those photos.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stunning job! And I did see the blue shine through in some of those pics! Way to go!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Post by Scruffy »

The TIE is finished!

So that takes care of the new kit part of the GB. I will post better photos a little later,

Now for one of the shelf queens, the Micro Mir 1/350 USS Thresher, the kit went together well enough, but the original paint job I was not happy with, and I had knocked off one of the photo etched bollards, so I put it up. I got some Mr. Paint to try out, and so decided to use this as the test bed for those. I replaced the missing bollard with a piece cut from the hasp of a 1/35 photo etched pad lock.
The hull was mottled with Mr. Paint Egg Plant Grey, NATO Black, and then given a very light overcoat of Jet Black, and the walk way along the top of the hull was sprayed with the Egg Plant Grey. There is a nice YouTube video of her launching and this was how she was painted at that time. The Mr. Paint is excellent to work with, and I am now happy with the paint job.
The decals were a mixed bag, the first one I tried shattered, fortunately the decal sheet has the numbers for all the boats in the class, so I could piece together another set of numbers. I coated the decals with Micro Scale Decal Liquid Decal Film before trying them again, and they held together and settled down really well.

I have to add the photo etched prop and then try to bend it to shape a little and add the cone fairing behind it, and then give it a coat of flat. I have a display base made for it, I just need to find it :headslap: So I guess a general tidy up of my work bench is in order so I can try to locate that and the brass rods I had cut for the base as well :bored:
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

:giggles: Things happen! Do another one!

Your Tie is such a beauty! I love all those so subtle colour shades, flowing dark to bright shadows, and so on. Well done, Sir!
What I really am nuts about is to check those SW kits for any plastic kit parts of other kits used to detail the movie props. That´s fun to me.
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Post by Scruffy »

Thank you Thomas! Yeah, I like to look for the other kit parts on the SW kits too! One of the un-used pieces in this kit was a Sherman tank bogie side frame! and one of the panels on the base looks like end of the ammo storage bin from the old Tamyia Marder II. It is a fun little game to play while building them.
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

I like that Tie fighter Scruffy!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Post by Scruffy »

Thank you, appericiate it!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

BorgR3mc0 wrote:I like that Tie fighter Scruffy!
:that:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:
BorgR3mc0 wrote:I like that Tie fighter Scruffy!
:that:
:P1:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Great job on the TIE fighter. I'm taking notes for my TIE Striker. The sub is definitely looking great you'll have this knocked out in no time!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Go Ahead You Styreniac, Build Something...Already”