STAR WARS Group Build 2017

Organize a group build and see who is wanting to participate here.
speedgraflex

STAR WARS Group Build 2017

Post by speedgraflex »

So, let's build together as a group around this theme. Gather 'round, let's discuss this...

The requirements are simple: build something—one, singular object / diorama / figure / creature—from the Star Wars Universe.

A model

A diorama

A figure

A creature

The above are just ideas—but the Star Wars Universe is full of flora and fauna and spaceships—lots and lots of spaceships; they are iconic; they are beautiful and there are so many kits out there to choose from!

So this is a proposal for a Group Build. Build something from the Star Wars Universe. No restrictions on scale or subject (as long as the subject is found in the Star Wars Universe).

The deadline would be the US release date of The Last Jedi: December 15, 2017.
Last edited by speedgraflex on Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Re: SPA Modeler STAR WARS Group Build 2017

Post by speedgraflex »

... and what would you build, Bruce?

Blue One in 1/48 with a custom mechanism to open and close the wings...
Last edited by speedgraflex on Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: STAR WARS Group Build 2017

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I'd do one but I'm slower than molasses when it's comes to doing a kit. I tend to procrastinate. :blush:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

BlackSheep, I feel ya, I definitely do, about procrastination... not only with modeling, either, but I am excited that you would consider doing this GB!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

When you're a slow builder and it comes to Star Wars, grabbing a Bandai kit is a no-brainer. They're literally build in a heartbeat.
Painting and weathering is another story, though.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:hmm: Well I sure want to play on this one... as soon as I can get some stuff out of the way.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

I have a Qui-Gon figure in the stash so I could be in on this one.
ImageImageImageImageImage
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Torben, from the looks of your current Star Wars project, Bandai kits are incredibly accurate as well, and I hope you know you would be most welcome to join the group build with your current project in its "foliage creation" status, if you want. You are invited; the invitation sent; the door is open!

Likewise, Carlos, I am over the moon that you would consider joining the SWGB! Whee! SWGB is far less of a mouthful than I thought! I know you are busy with other projects at present, but if you did join, is there a particular subject or kit you have in mind or are you still gathering data? Do you have a kit in your formidable stash from the original movies that you are considering?

Borg, so happy to hear from you! Qui-Gon is an amazing character from the prequels, and the use of him as a Force Ghost advising Anakin and Obi-wan in the Clone Wars was brilliant. To cap that off, when he appeared as a Force Vision to Yoda was one of the most emotional moments I have found in a Star Wars narrative; here, finally were answers to where the Jedi were heading, and the animation - particularly the flora and fauna of the locations - was rendered so exquisitely - it would be wonderful to have your version of Qui-Gon as part of the SWGB!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

One of my other Star Wars stuff, the old X-wing.

I also have a Darth Naul figure but unfortunately no picture of that one.

ImageImageImageImageImage
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Borg, your painting is ILM worthy! That has to be the most successful build of the 1/65 or is it 1/67 X-Wing I have seen to date, and I have seen a few, never as well done!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Group Build Feeler”