A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

speedgraflex

Re: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Post by speedgraflex »

portman wrote:My wife and daughter are out for the evening, my son is asleep in bed...

Time for Rouge One! Wow! I'm about half way in and really enjoying it!
So good! Enjoy the show! Share your thoughts on the movie, if you have time. I would like to know what you thought.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

I am in with a Qui-Gon figure. Start date will be July for me, the figure is in my "vacation" stash in France.
ImageImageImageImageImage
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Welcome aboard, Borg! Looking forward to your build progress when you start next month. Having a vacation stash in France sounds pretty amazing, both the stash and having a place in France, too! All the best!!

:beau:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

speedgraflex wrote:Welcome aboard, Borg! Looking forward to your build progress when you start next month. Having a vacation stash in France sounds pretty amazing, both the stash and having a place in France, too! All the best!!

Two things to clear that up. First, I do not have a place in France, my parents do. So over the years I have build up a little vacation stash over there. That is also why some of my work in progress pics are a totally different bench in a totally different house.
Secondly, I live in the Netherlands so France is "just" 980km away (about 600 miles). I go the Alps so I even go trough Germany and Switserland during my trip.
From where I live Brussels (Belgium) is a 2 hours trip, luxemburg 4 hours, Paris or Berlin 5 to 6 hours, Prague 8 hours, Milan 11 hours. Just to say, Europe is just not that big by USA standards.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

BorgR3mc0 wrote:
speedgraflex wrote:Welcome aboard, Borg! Looking forward to your build progress when you start next month. Having a vacation stash in France sounds pretty amazing, both the stash and having a place in France, too! All the best!!

Two things to clear that up. First, I do not have a place in France, my parents do. So over the years I have build up a little vacation stash over there. That is also why some of my work in progress pics are a totally different bench in a totally different house.
Secondly, I live in the Netherlands so France is "just" 980km away (about 600 miles). I go the Alps so I even go trough Germany and Switserland during my trip.
From where I live Brussels (Belgium) is a 2 hours trip, luxemburg 4 hours, Paris or Berlin 5 to 6 hours, Prague 8 hours, Milan 11 hours. Just to say, Europe is just not that big by USA standards.
London's probably an hour or two away - but you get your feet wet in the middle... :Shark:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

portman wrote: London's probably an hour or two away - but you get your feet wet in the middle... :Shark:
Heard some idiots dug a tunnel... :peace:
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

mostrich wrote:
portman wrote: London's probably an hour or two away - but you get your feet wet in the middle... :Shark:
Heard some idiots dug a tunnel... :peace:
Ah yeah - I keep forgetting that thing :headslap:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

I went to Kent via Dunquerce (spelling? We say Duinkerken in Dutch) with a ferry. It indeed toke me just a few hours. So yes, Great Britain is pretty close to.

And you don't even have to get wet feet.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

This small collection of special effects footage from ESB may be of interest:

https://vimeo.com/79433718
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:yipee:
speedgraflex wrote:This small collection of special effects footage from ESB may be of interest:

https://vimeo.com/79433718
:yipee:

awesome stuff.... working there would have been the ultimate dream job for me in my teen years. I still have my books from Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi that were sold at the theater when I saw each film...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “STAR WARS GROUP BUILD 2017”