A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

speedgraflex

Re: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Post by speedgraflex »

Stikpusher wrote::yipee:
speedgraflex wrote:This small collection of special effects footage from ESB may be of interest:

https://vimeo.com/79433718
:yipee:

awesome stuff.... working there would have been the ultimate dream job for me in my teen years. I still have my books from Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi that were sold at the theater when I saw each film...
Hey Carlos! I thought you might enjoy the look back at how these models were filmed... and that is so cool that you kept the lobby books. There was a physical model made of the U-Wing from Rogue One as a reference. The maker collaborated with production designer Doug Chiang who is one hell of an artist.

The model:

Last edited by speedgraflex on Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

I saw this on FB this morning. I like the approach and the effect is much better than I thought (if I ever thought of putting (scale) models into a frame). Maybe a more spacey background could do it. What are your thoughts?

Copyright by Syafiq Zakaria
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

You asked a good question, Torben. I think about the final effect a lot. To me, I like the clean lines of what you posted as an example, but I wonder if a slightly "Used Universe" aesthetic such as the above image of a Joseph Cornell box might be good, particularly with the Falcon. I was reading your Me 262 Build wondering if acrylic boxes would be best for displaying models over time, but then I start thinking about UV light as well. With my 2001 models, I will bring one out from time to time - rotating the exhibit - to avoid sun bleaching delicate surfaces.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I would love to join this with a 1/72 scale Millennium Falcon, but that is right now out of reach. I believe I have a Darth Vader figure in the stash somewhere that I could do for this. Otherwise, I'll try to find a starfighter.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Duke Maddog wrote:I would love to join this with a 1/72 scale Millennium Falcon, but that is right now out of reach. I believe I have a Darth Vader figure in the stash somewhere that I could do for this. Otherwise, I'll try to find a starfighter.
Would love to have you onboard, Mark! I hope a worthy subject presents itself to you!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

It has its price, but it looks like the perfect reference material for some serious Star Wars modeling:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-2014971
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

mostrich wrote:It has its price, but it looks like the perfect reference material for some serious Star Wars modeling:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-2014971
An amazing reference! A lot of clams, $144 USD, that's a hefty chunk of change.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks to a most generous benefactor, I have a ship en route through hyperspace right now to enter in this build here. Stay tuned.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Duke Maddog wrote:Thanks to a most generous benefactor, I have a ship en route through hyperspace right now to enter in this build here. Stay tuned.
:hmm:

Anybody I know?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Duke Maddog wrote:Stay tuned.
For sure, wanna see what you're up to! :dancing:

This thing is killing me. So big wanna have.

Return to “STAR WARS GROUP BUILD 2017”