MPC 1/48 Incom T-65 X-Wing. “Blue One.”

Stikpusher

Re: MPC 1/48 X-Wing [Blue One].

Post by Stikpusher »

I have never heard of "Tamiya Haze Gray". That's a new color to me. I do remember the color name of Pactra Hot Rod Primer. But for the life of me, that is one color of theirs that I never used and I do not have the faintest memory of what it looked like on the display rack. Ah well. All that aside, I do remember the Planet Hollywood restaurant (anybody remember those?) that was near us had a studio TIE fighter model as one of their many decorations. From what I recall, that one was a medium bluish gray color, similar to Testors Model Master take on RAF Ocean Grey, but a bit lighter. Sounds like I have some wiggle room there.

So a Floquil Yellow (nfd) was used? I wonder if it was from the military or railroad lines? :hmm:

It's funny how you mention Camouflage Gray as a base color substitute for the base color of ships. That is what I think I used on the Y-Wing that I scratch a built long ago. Pactra International at that time.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

PLANET HOLLYWOOD ARTICLE

http://articles.latimes.com/1995-09-19/ ... ollywood/2

I found a photo of the display from the Planet Hollywood you mention—an X-Wing evading a T.I.E. fighter—on someone's Flickr. These models look great suspended in mid-air for a dog-fight.
Last edited by speedgraflex on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, it was the Santa Ana Planet Hollywood, and the TIE listed in the article. But it was solo in a display case, I think in the wall or on a partition. No X-Wing involved. There were other items there not listed in the article as well. A "battle damaged" Alien prop from Aliens, a model of the Red October, from that film (very big model... something like 8 -10 feet long)... too bad they closed the chain. I enjoyed the decor there. The food was decent enough.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thanks for the correction on the display, Carlos, so much for Lord Google's prowess when it comes to ferreting out the Planet Hollywood displays. I definitely recall reading about the Hunt for Red October sub in a prop thread. I know one of the fellas building a SS DS wanted to create a list of all the SW ANH models and current whereabouts. I don't think his list ever was made beyond a few X-Wings that GL gave away as presents, I don't know too much about the provenance of the TIE fighters either, but a screen used '76 TIE fighter would be an important piece. Do you know what happened to the model?
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

speedgraflex wrote:Thanks for the correction on the display, Carlos, so much for Lord Google's prowess when it comes to ferreting out the Planet Hollywood displays. I definitely recall reading about the Hunt for Red October sub in a prop thread. I know one of the fellas building a SS DS wanted to create a list of all the SW ANH models and current whereabouts. I don't think his list ever was made beyond a few X-Wings that GL gave away as presents, I don't know too much about the provenance of the TIE fighters either, but a screen used '76 TIE fighter would be an important piece. Do you know what happened to the model?
Lol! No worries. We (my family) used to eat there fairly regularly. But I have no dea what happened to all the props when the restaurant closed.

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I am adding reference material to the SWGB album of my 'Bucket.

Images removed.
Last edited by speedgraflex on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

speedgraflex wrote:I am adding reference material to the SWGB album of my 'Bucket.

Archival / X-Wing [Red 3]

Archival / ISD / Devastator

If there are any special requests, send me a PM.
:wub:

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

:hmm: :writing:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

1/63 SNAP-TITE X-WING PAINT MULE.

Painting to get the Early ILM Look:

Last edited by speedgraflex on Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:popcorn:

FLSM

Return to “STAR WARS GROUP BUILD 2017”