Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Research.

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:So many models... so little time and money... :hmm:

AMEN!! Preach it Don Stik!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Haha!!
I'm trying to stay away from eBay at the moment.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

At the moment? All the time! :headslap:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Stikpusher wrote:At the moment? All the time! :headslap:
Haha, I feel ya, Carlos. I definitely feel ya. Have ya seen the new Kylo Ren TIE ADVANCED yet? I am not sure if the new ships will ever eclipse the old, but TIEs are darn sexy regardless of the modifications.... I won't post this ship because it would be a spoiler. This reminds me: must start working on the X-Wing....
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

No, I sure haven't seen that new TIE. I try to avoid stuff that gives away upcoming new Star Wars tidbits so I can be properly surprised when I see the films in the theater.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Looking forward to the next installment of the Star Wars franchise. Will it be a December 2017 release?
John aka JKim
-----------<><
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

jkim wrote:Looking forward to the next installment of the Star Wars franchise. Will it be a December 2017 release?
Hi John! The Last Jedi's release date is December 15, 2017, which is also when the SWGB ends. I am looking forward to episode eight as well! I look forward to every science fiction movie that is made. Whether or not I am able to move past what is essentially what George Lucas called "a retro" approach to the original trilogy is debatable. I was not a fan of Looper, either, also by Rian Johnson.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

speedgraflex wrote:(...) I was not a fan of Looper, either, also by Rian Johnson.
Quite frankly I liked the idea, and the play of Gordon-Levitt and Mrs. Blunt was solid. But Jesus, what's wrong with Bruce Willis? If you don't like your job anymore, just quit. That was hands down his worst performance ever.

Looking forward to Luc Besson's "Valerian".
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

My next film to watch will be Dunkirk in IMAX!
John aka JKim
-----------<><
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Torben, I liked Emily Blunt in that Tom Cruise movie with the terrible title, and that Benicio Del Toro movie with the strange title... she costarred in "Better off" or is it "Edge of Tomorrow?" and starred in the movie with Del Toro (nice chap, lives in my neighborhood). Besides the "Die Hard" series and "Pulp Fiction," I know Willis has done much that is mediocre, which is a shame. edit... what was the superhero film M. Night Shyamalan made with him?? "Unbreakable." Also, what was the one before that which made Shyamalan's career? I feel as though I am missing something superlative he has made... ah, well. I saw "Looper" on its opening weekend at the Arclight Pasadena, with all the bells and whistles because I really really really wanted to like it, but it lacked... story. I was reminded why "Blade Runner" is an amazing film, and "Looper" reminded me of Wim Wenders' "Until the end of the world," which is both beautiful and pointless... also Wong Kar Wai's "2046," to an extant, in terms of aesthetics... forgive me! I'm looking forward to "Valerian." I watched "The Fifth Element" yet again and was reminded of how Spielberg-influenced it was (the little boy falling asleep with the mirror, repeat, wake up, sleep, wake up, sleep, wake up, sleep, "Aziz! Light!").

John, looking forward to Tom Hardy in a smallish yet crucial part in "Dunkirk," but I refuse to see any more IMAX presentations after seeing "The Revenant." Something about the audio mix just doesn't work for me... and there will be EXPLOSIONS going off!! Please enjoy, though. I'm just overly sensitive and critical at the moment.

Don't take me too too seriously...

:puzzle:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “STAR WARS GROUP BUILD 2017”