Research.

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Research.

Post by BlackSheep214 »

jkim wrote:My next film to watch will be Dunkirk in IMAX!
Me too! Except we don't have IMAX theater in my area. I've already told the missus I'm going to see that movie regardless. Same thing for Star Wars in December. :giggles: She has zero interest in seeing either one.

Oh yeah Valarian looks pretty cool too. It does look like one big hot mess of a sci-if movie. I did promise my son I'd take him to see Spider-Man: Homecoming first.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

jkim wrote:
Duke Maddog wrote:You too huh? I'd love to have a 1/72 scale Falcon!

https://youtu.be/Xng3thTHiRg

BANDAI SDCC 2017

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Yep! I saw that too! The Bandai rep even asked me what I thought of the price point they are considering. I gave him my opinion; we shall see what they decide to do. That was a great booth where I picked up a few more kits too.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Duke Maddog wrote:Yep! I saw that too! The Bandai rep even asked me what I thought of the price point they are considering. I gave him my opinion; we shall see what they decide to do. That was a great booth where I picked up a few more kits too.
Duke! You were there! That was, as expected one of two highlights for me as well. I'm glad you spoke to the rep about the price. The other highlight was the Discovery from Moebius Models. As a die hard 2001 Modeler, the test shot was a sight to see!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

NEW PAINT - ARCHIVEX

Guy Cowan has recreated the 1975 Floquil colors and making these available soon:

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

That last picture is simply awesome. Makes me want to see the whole movie again.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Lorne Peterson inside the jaws!

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

speedgraflex wrote:
Duke Maddog wrote:Yep! I saw that too! The Bandai rep even asked me what I thought of the price point they are considering. I gave him my opinion; we shall see what they decide to do. That was a great booth where I picked up a few more kits too.
Duke! You were there! That was, as expected one of two highlights for me as well. I'm glad you spoke to the rep about the price. The other highlight was the Discovery from Moebius Models. As a die hard 2001 Modeler, the test shot was a sight to see!

Yes I was there. Sorry so late in responding to this thread too. I was honored to have helped and I hope they do consider some of what I said. I also enjoyed the Discovery; I got a few pics of that. Did you notice on the test shot that the 'cockpit' had a mostly full interior and that it was lit up?

Nice pics from the making of the Star Wars movie too. I love seeing things like that.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

So excited to finally see the Discovery come out as a kit, Duke! Great scale and beautiful detail... what a treat!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “STAR WARS GROUP BUILD 2017”