Your other hobbies:

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
pzl66
Master Member

Your other hobbies:

Post by pzl66 »

This was a cool thread Fermis had started on the previous forum.

So post your other hobbies or what you like to do for fun here!
Messerschmitt 109 Addict
lawman56
Advanced Member

Re: Your other hobbies:

Post by lawman56 »

I'm also into HO model railroading. Right now, my newest layout is still in the planning stage until I get most of the garage re-model done. Hopefully I'll be able to start on the benchwork in another month or so.

I love to research history, and after stuffing my brain with WWII, the Crimean War and Ancient Rome this past year, I've started shoving WWI stuff in there as well. Hopefully it doesn't explode!

I also read, spend time with my 3 grandsons and take trips to the beach with my wife.
Joe

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Not much other hobbies really. Listening to music and watching Nascar when I'm not working.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
DoogsATX
Advanced Member

Post by DoogsATX »

I have three kids aged 6 and younger. I consider myself lucky I'm holding on to a hobby, much less multiples.

That said, I've got a decently nice hardtail Trek I like to take mountain biking when I get the chance. Sadly, this happens only rarely.
pzl66
Master Member

Post by pzl66 »

Here is my "other" hobby, currently in the process of putting together an AR15:

(posted with my Glock 23 OD, yes that is a factory color and limited production)
Messerschmitt 109 Addict
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

You are allowed to have these at home? And so does your neighbour? And the neighbour´s neighbour? All down the street? :shock:

Here in Germany we have a very strict law on weapons in private persons hands, but nonetheless we had some terrible shootings the last years. Don´t get me wrong: I love to shoot! But, in my personal opinion deadly weapons as these don´t belong in private people´s hands. Have them on a shooting range, and leave them there. Securely locked away! I also see that having guns has a very different background in our two countries history.
pzl66
Master Member

Post by pzl66 »

You have to have a Class 3 license to have an automatic weapon in the states. The rifle I am building is semi automatic so it shoots like a pistol. The rifle and other pistols stay locked up except for the pistol in the picture which is legal to carry almost everywhere (minus federal buildings and schools) you go.

In my state its legal to have and pretty much most people here have these and shotguns for home defense. If someone breaks into your house you have the right to stop them dead. But it all comes down to being responsible which a majority of people here in my state are.
Messerschmitt 109 Addict
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

My other hobbies include gaming, art, 3d design, movies. I have a very visual mind, so anything that stimulates me visually interests me.
I also enjoy archery. Ive been hunting (rifles, not archery) and while i enjoy the fruits of the labour (mmm bunny) i prefer target shooting with a bow. I like things to be quiet.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

@ Kevin:
It´s a kind of action vs. re-action: if a housebreaker guesses you could be armed because you are allowed to own a weapon he possibly also would have some weapon with him to counter you. But this is a discussion that we never would end, so hopefully you never will need them.
On the other hand if ever I manage to come over I wouldn´t say "No" to fire some rounds with your weapons on a safe range. ;)

@ Scorpio:
I like you comment on things to be quiet! Archery could be a nice "tool" to reconsider your self, to concentrate yourself. Sounds good!
pzl66
Master Member

Post by pzl66 »

Thomas_M wrote:@ Kevin:
It´s a kind of action vs. re-action: if a housebreaker guesses you could be armed because you are allowed to own a weapon he possibly also would have some weapon with him to counter you. But this is a discussion that we never would end, so hopefully you never will need them.
On the other hand if ever I manage to come over I wouldn´t say "No" to fire some rounds with your weapons on a safe range ;)
Thats pretty much how it is, have it just in case but hope you dont have to use it that way. I prefer to use them at a range to have fun with them.
Messerschmitt 109 Addict

Return to “Free Discussion”