Hurricane Harvey

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Hurricane Harvey

Post by Medicman71 »

Hey guys. I'm sure most of you know that a hurricane hit Texas yesterday. Here in Houston we're getting a lot of rain, wind and tornadoes. I'm good right now. Keeping a vigilant eye on the weather right now as things have picked up again. Reports of confirmed tornadoes in Cypress (NW Houston where I work, not live) so we're in for some nasty weather.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
mostrich
Admin

Re: Hurricane Harvey

Post by mostrich »

In the German evening news there was a special about the hurricane and all the things happening right now in TX.
Your governor's very busy to tell the people to not underestimate the situation. Hope everything goes well for you and your people, Medic. Take care!
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Pfffttt.... what's a little rain going rouge? Seriously, stay safe. Hurricanes and the remnants of them are no fun.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Stay safe with your job in this weather... a bit over 30 years ago I was in western Louisiana when we had a similar situation... lots and lots of rain...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Thanks guys. Luckily I'm not working till Wednesday. This is my third hurricane (and one tropical storm) and we made it through those.
Mike

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Really? They did not call you guys in for maximum staffing for this? You're lucky on that point.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Well we woke up to the entire city of Houston under water and it's only getting worse. We're ok here for now. No flooding and we're safe for now. Keeping an eye on the bayou behind the house though. They're saying that this is the worst flooding and storm in history.
Mike

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Stikpusher wrote:Really? They did not call you guys in for maximum staffing for this? You're lucky on that point.
They have but I was going to work at the hospital (my second job). Couldn't go to the hospital because they are on disaster lockdown. I'll be on call tomorrow and Tuesday then work my regular shift on Wednesday.
Mike

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Just got word that there's two inches of water in the building that SWMBO has her art studio.
Mike

jelliott523
Master Member

Post by jelliott523 »

Stay safe Medic! I have friends in the Austin area who are saying that they have got some rain, but not to the amounts that the forecast said they were going to get.

Return to “Free Discussion”