Bandai 1/12 Stormtrooper

speedgraflex

Re: Bandai 1/12 Stormtrooper

Post by speedgraflex »

mostrich wrote:Bruce, where did you find those appetizing pics of the scratch build corridor? So tempting...
SIDESHOW TANTIVE IV CORRIDOR

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forum ... ridor.html

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Magnificent job John! Perfect weathering for a seasoned veteran!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Thanks for the comments guys! It was a very fun and simple build. I highly recommend the Bandai Star Wars kits as they are fun to do and they have some great engineering built into them as well.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Some Glamour Shots of Mr. Trooper. I don't have a proper lighting setup so I had to make do with dirty poster paper and desk lighting.

Last edited by jkim on Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

:shoutout:

Great work, John! Do you use photoshop? You could remove the background smudges so easily...
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

I have it but don't use it. I just use Lightroom to convert from RAW to jpg.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Hm, well, if you ever want me to clean up backgrounds, let me know. I remember that you use LR as a converter; LR is quite good for that! Nice to know you may be getting a new camera rig as a birthday present. In my opinion, what you are using now is perfectly acceptable, but I won't get in the way of whatever your thoughts are... just... the results are already there. Controlled lighting and a bigger bench! That's what everyone needs. I also definitely approve of your usage of natural light for final beauty shots. I also really like the worn grey wood slatted chair you used as a background for your fishing lures and some parts of your "Wog" project. Perhaps that is very 2014-15 for your development shooting images of work in progress, but I like the grey tone. In fact, after Thomas chided me in a good-natured way about usage of neutral colored backgrounds, I almost converted to using these, too, but I still prefer white and I love these stormtrooper shots very much!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Those are some fantastic shots. I love the many poses! If you want a true Glamour shot, you should pose him like Saturday Night Fever! :lashed: :giggles: :giggles: :giggles:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Duke Maddog wrote:Those are some fantastic shots. I love the many poses! If you want a true Glamour shot, you should pose him like Saturday Night Fever! :lashed: :giggles: :giggles: :giggles:
:P1:

Some great work there!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “STAR WARS GROUP BUILD 2017”