The Duke Launches Another Ship

Here is the place to show off your completed ship products.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

The Duke Launches Another Ship

Post by Duke Maddog »

Here is my Russian Aircraft Carrier Baku that has finally been completed after seven months. This is the Hobby Boss kit in 1/700 scale sailing in the Black Sea:

Here is a shot from slightly higher to see the deck better:

There she is in all her glory. Thank you all for looking in, comments are welcome.... now that I finally have this posted! This has to be the longest time taken to attempt a post ever!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Re: The Duke Launches Another Ship

Post by Stikpusher »

This one really turned out sweet Mark! You need to also mention that she placed at this months IPMS monthly contest!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Carlos! Yes, she took a second place in the Advanced category in the meeting contest. Now we'll see if she places at a full contest.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

That is a impressive ship. :dancing:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well the models that show up at our chapter contest are the same ones that place and win in local, regionals, and nationals. Pure and simple our chapter has some superb Modelers and tough competition. That Volksjäger that won Best of Show at Orangecon, beat out my Sabre in July for first at chapter in Master division.
Placing there at our monthly meet is no small deal. It is a preview of what is ahead at the bigger meets. You have every right to be proud of your work here.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Borg! It is indeed.

Thanks Carlos. Time will tell, but I'm sure somewhere this will place. It is always an honor to be chosen by our club for an award. I am looking forward to showing it at some local shows soon.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Wow, Mark! Congratulations—excellent work! Placing at competition is important! As Carlos wrote, this placement is a sign of more to come, so... go for it, definitely.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Bruce! For this compliment and the one in my Armor Thread. I shall indeed be taking this on the circuit. I do hope you'll come to a few shows to see this and others in person someday!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Completed Builds: Ships”