Bandai 1/16 Ford GT 40 MkII #98. Miles-Ruby, Daytona, 1966.

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
mustang1989

Re: Bandai 1/16 Ford GT 40 MkII #98. Miles-Ruby, Daytona, 19

Post by mustang1989 »

Got any progress on this one Bruce?
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thanks so much for your comment, Joe! TGIF! How have you been? Regarding this Bandai kit, I said “Banzai!” due to outside interests, practical matters such as rent, and the overall feeling that I needed to take a step back from this project (possible diagnosis: AMS). I also felt that there was an interesting kit in 1/24 by Fujimi that I could build OOB and complete in a timely fashion, which dampened my overall enthusiasm... and since I am unburdening my soul here to some extent I see off the charts auto modeling examples, and feel intimidated. I hope to return renewed to this after the Mustang gallops across the skies.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Man I hear ya. I've got a project or two that I got waaaaaaaaaaaay too deep in and lost enthusiasm in it. My Pro Street VW van was just the case. Got ALOT of work in that one. I do want to reapproach it with a new perspective though.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I am so grateful you document your work, Joe—I think about your Arado a lot—your passion for revealing surface effects is incredible but this comes from being dedicated to a visualized outcome. I really feel you work towards imagery this way and have learned so much from the way you prepare details with an eye for the overall presentation. I also feel like I’m growing into a better understanding of building models thanks to you, John, Carlos, Duke, Torben, Thomas, Marius, Kari, BlackSheep, CherryLock (those biplanes!), Medic, and Fermis—And I have new respect for process as a result. Thanks so much for your support!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

mustang1989 wrote:Man I hear ya. I've got a project or two that I got waaaaaaaaaaaay too deep in and lost enthusiasm in it. My Pro Street VW van was just the case. Got ALOT of work in that one. I do want to reapproach it with a new perspective though.
I know exactly what you mean. The more involved the project gets, the more draining it can be, no matter how well it turns out.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Stikpusher wrote:
mustang1989 wrote:Man I hear ya. I've got a project or two that I got waaaaaaaaaaaay too deep in and lost enthusiasm in it. My Pro Street VW van was just the case. Got ALOT of work in that one. I do want to reapproach it with a new perspective though.
I know exactly what you mean. The more involved the project gets, the more draining it can be, no matter how well it turns out.
I've still got ideas for that bus and it's still close to the work bench. Just gotta figure a thing or two out.

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”