1/350 Tamiya Prince of Wales

Here is the place to show off the progress of your ship builds.
Stikpusher

Re: 1/350 Tamiya Prince of Wales "The beginning of the end"

Post by Stikpusher »

No worries MC. I always liked the look of the quad 1.1 with its water cooking jackets over the 40mm Bofors. But looks don’t equal effectiveness.

Bruce, that is a great article! I especially love the photos of the recovered boosters from the Falklands War missiles. That is some true history there.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Never in a million years would I attempt something of this magnitude. I really enjoy looking at ship models as they have so much detail. My hat goes off to you Steve for exercising the utmost patience to this masterpiece. Truly awesome work pal.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Hey guys,
Like I said in the Swordfish build, I have been very busy on the new job these last few weeks. I have put the POW on hold for a little while to finish the Swordfish and then some Christmas gifts I'm expecting. I will be back to her after that, especially since I will be possibly moving back to Boise sometime after March. I may want to leave her here just in case I'm here for clinic during EagleQuest in June.
But, you know how plans go, my plans never come together. Bottom line, this will be back soon.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

It’s never bad to have contingency plans ready. :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

As promised I'm slowly getting back to the POW. I started on the aft superstructure and added PE to the fire directors, funnel and mast. I need to paint it and add the railing and stay rigging prior to attaching it to the deck. I also nee to construct the cranes for it.

It's a little further along since the pics but not much. Cleaning out the storage, yard sales, a new dog and doing the evening meals have servery cut into my building time. I don't really see this schedule ease up for a while but I do get to it on occasion.

I'm not sure why my pictures are always so large when I post. I change the size when I load them onto Imageshack but that doesn't make any difference.

BTW, here is my new addition. After the loss of my 15 yo Lab 4 months ago she (Ellie) certainly helps ease the pain. She's had a mysterious past. When we got her from the pound she was filthy, terrified of water spraying on her for a bath, a little nervous of being alone, doesn't understand the concept of a walk and doesn't know any commands. She seemed to be a little aggressive toward the cat the one time they meet so there will need to be some training. It's like getting a 4 yo puppy without the play...and the chewing. She is housebroken, so +.
She is a very sweet dog to my wife and I.

Last edited by Modelcrazy on Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

That's awesome Steve. I do hear you on the loss of a pet. It's a toughy alright but it does look like you found yourself a good pal to hang around with you. My dogs pretty much live to come into the model room with me....they do love their treats and I keep a jar full of 'em right on the bench.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thanks Mustang. The loss of my Dallas was devastating to me, especially since I couldn't be there for him. Sometimes when I see Ellie she reminds me of my boy, which is a good thing I think.

Dallas, Mar 2004 - Mar 2019
Last edited by Modelcrazy on Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Good lookin' dog Steve. They get to be like extensions of us.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Steve I know how it feels. I too lost my cat Misty after 15 years; I still tear up when I think of her. Since my other cat Sylvester has never been alone in a house without another cat; we went and got another one right away. She's a little short-hair tuxedo about three months old and her name was Eliza at the store. My wife said that was too hard a name so I shortened it to Liza; for Liza Minnelli in her famous tuxedo picture. I'll try to post pics of mine when I can. Liza is hard to shoot; she's always tearing around the house playing at top speed.

Looking forward to seeing more.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Nice work! So sorry to hear about Dallas.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Work In Progress: Ships”