IMC 1/32 Bell 206 Jet Ranger

LyleW
Admin

IMC 1/32 Bell 206 Jet Ranger

Post by LyleW »

I am needing to order some paint and need a break from masking the Ventura. Thought I'd dig this one out. It is an oldie.

So, I did strip the chrome from the engine parts using household bleach...some time ago

The instructions and decals are scanned as well. Now the question of the day on this one? Which version? Army? Police? Civilian? What do you think?

And, another question. I waver back and forth on this one. Do you paint individual pieces or assemble and paint on things like this?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Re: IMC 1/32 Bell 206 Jet Ranger

Post by Stikpusher »

Oh that’s an oldie but goodie. Of course I say good ole OD and US Army markings. Which makes for a nice simple Dark Gull Gray Interior....
Built what you can in sub assemblies, paint those, then move forward...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Hmmm...(to myself: I wonder why Stik wanted Army markings?) I am leaning that way - it is so much simpler, but...….
I think painting assemblies on this guy will be the more betterer way to go. Now trying to convince meself to drill out the exhaust.

Old barely describes it:

It is so old that it needed a shave!
It is so old it looks like Granny in her stockings....seam lines everywhere
it is so old the instructions are on parchment paper....
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

decided to drill out the exhaust. Pictures are hard to see, but happy with #1 side. I already have a plan b, c and d....why extra plans? Well, for some reason, when I do things like this, the first try is successful and the second goes south. I don't know why.

Before

after

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very cool! I'm with Stik, US Army markings. Nice work on the exhausts!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Cherrylock
Addicted Member

Post by Cherrylock »

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Medicman71 wrote:Very cool! I'm with Stik, US Army markings. Nice work on the exhausts!
Thanks, Medic. A small 150 grit burr bit in a Harbor Freight rotary drill did the trick. Even better, the second one came out okay as well! I think that is deep enough to give it some depth when painted.

Well, we have several votes for the Military version. Hmm, see a trend here.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Ohhh...coming up on the outside - a Marine version.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Looking great so far Lyle! Hmmm, Marines eh? Might be interesting...

I might have to get another 1/72 scale kit of this to see if I can make a Marine bird... :hmm:

Just watch out for Plan M..... Hardison dies in Plan M.... :giggles: :whistle:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Whirlychopters”