Boeing 247 1/72 Williams

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Boeing 247 1/72 Williams

Post by LyleW »

Wings and horizontal stabilizers..

Won't take much to clean this up...he said before it explodes! :giggles: It really isn't bad, except for the glue blowout on the port stab. Some CA has filled a few places on the other seams. I'm pretty pleased right now. Think I'll have some punch. Some will get it, most won't.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Pleased as punch? :hmm:

Making steady progress here Lyle!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
AtomCat109
Advanced Member

Post by AtomCat109 »

She is looking good!
Messerschmitt 109 Addict
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote:Pleased as punch? :hmm:

Making steady progress here Lyle!
Yep. that is the cliche
AtomCat109 wrote:She is looking good!
Thank you, sir! It is starting to fight back now. Canopy ain't cooperating. I'll get it...or get the hammer out!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Excellent work so far Lyle! I do hope though that the hammer stays put away.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

So far the hammer is in the safe! I, for some reason, could not get the canopy to stay glued together. So, it is going on in halves. Fit is actually okay. Due to an assembly mod (error), the cockpit bulkhead is making a dandy shelf to rest the rear portion of the canopy. Sometimes, I even amaze myself!

KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

She’s shaping up nicely Lyle. Very nicely!
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thank you, Kenny. Good to hear you are mending. those types of injuries can take time, as you are well aware.

For all the dread and such, given what you hear on Williams Bros. kits, this one has been one of the easier kits to put together. I know there are gotchas out there waiting, though...
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Applying the masks I made with my trusty dividers and the Silhouette Studio software. In this case, their rounded corner rectangle offering was the cat's meow. We shall see of they pull out the Micro Krystal Klear window...I guess that is not a problem, though. There was a big, HUH? I was putting the mask on the last window and it simply fell through. I was indeed surprised. The window had, at some point, fallen into the fuselage. I was able to shake it out, trim the opening a bit and glue it from the outside. It will do.

AtomCat109
Advanced Member

Post by AtomCat109 »

It’s coming together nicely though! I can remember the Monogram B-17 doing the same to me :headslap:
Messerschmitt 109 Addict

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”