1/48 Tamiya Corsair

Post your completed aircraft here.
lawdog114
Master Member

1/48 Tamiya Corsair

Post by lawdog114 »

Hello, here's my homage to Gregory "Pappy" Boyington. It depicts Pappy briefing his pilots before his last mission of January 3rd 1944. He was shot down flying "915" later that day. I used the Tamiya D kit and backdated it appropriately to an A model. The figures are from the Tamiya Navy Pilots set. I used PE seatbelts and Ultracast tires. I added wires the engine as well. I used Sky decals to piece together the 915 machine.

If you would like to see my full build on this subject, it can be found here.....

http://cs.finescale.com/fsm/modeling_su ... 58002.aspx

Thanks for looking.
Joe
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
lawdog114
Master Member

Re: 1/48 Tamiya Corsair

Post by lawdog114 »

Thanks Jim...Is there a way to delete the second post? Not sure how that happened...

Joe
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Let's see...1 second post, 25 demerits, bring snacks for two weeks. OH, and beverages. Lots of beverages.

Another stunning build, sir. thanks for bringing that one here. The whole picture that is presented is so realistic.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

LyleW wrote:Let's see...1 second post, 25 demerits, bring snacks for two weeks. OH, and beverages. Lots of beverages.
I'll bring four fried chickens, and a coke..... and some dry white toast....
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

You are my hero! Brang some waffles, too!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

Thats from the Blues Brothers. I thought someone would have caught that reference. That said, The Colonel's Original Recipe is pure heaven on a plate when done right. Pure bliss like the Tamiya 1/48 P-47 series. The trick is finding a KFC that does it right. They are few and far between these days.

Joe
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

it is no better in the Headquarters town, either. I work about a 1/2 mile from the HQ. There is a store about a 1/2 mile the other way and it pretty much sucks most of the time.

Return to “Completed Builds”