1/48 Eduard Bf 109E-4

pzl66
Master Member

Re: 1/48 Eduard Bf 109E-4

Post by pzl66 »

KennyX wrote:She’s a beauty and I like that blue!
Thank you sir!

From what I read, using Mr Leveling Thinner with the acrylic clear is supposed to make it a very smooth finish. So on the next one when I shoot the gloss I will use that. I used the AK Interactive panel wash (enamel) and had no issues with it. Stuff works great and I bought a bottle of odorless turpenoid and didn’t have to use it. Best stuff I have used so far, after the wetness goes away, wipe down with a dry paper towel and if you need to clean up more follow up with a dry q tip. If you really have to clean up I guess you could use the turpenoid but knock on wood I did not have to. Spraying the flat coat in a few hours and also working on the other 109.
Messerschmitt 109 Addict
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Happy to read that your first weathering experiment went smooth and without any trouble. Keep up the good work!
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Looking real sharp!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Post by Scruffy »

Your paintwork looks magnificent!
pzl66
Master Member

Post by pzl66 »

Thanks gents!

Last night was a success with using the Mr Aqueous Gloss and Flat mixed with Mr Leveling Thinner, it works waaaaaaaay better than the Aqueous thinner. If there was anything I ever say or recommend this would be a must. The gloss goes down smoother, way easier to control, and after thirty minutes I was using the AK Interactive panel liner wash. It dries quick! You do have to thin the crap out of it though (at least 4 parts thinner to 1 part gloss, and almost 6 parts thinner to 1 part flat).

Any who, enough boring information:

She is getting close, need to do the prop, spinner, main gear wheels and tires, wire, wing gun barrels (whoops), and when my little jar of smoke arrives I can add the exhaust stains.

* I just realized I left the mask on the front lower side windshield... :nono:
Messerschmitt 109 Addict
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

MLT equals unicorn tears, that's for sure.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.

Return to “Messerschmitt 2019 Group Build”