1/48 Hasegawa Bf-109E?

Scruffy
Advanced Member

1/48 Hasegawa Bf-109E?

Post by Scruffy »

I will start with this.....

I got this mess off Ebay a while ago,

It came with the Hasegawa kit, some CMK aftermarket parts that had been partially used, a P/E fret in the condition, and a sprue from another kit :headslap: It looks like someone built a 109, cherry picked the parts they wanted and threw the rest in this box, and sold it off..... Oh well, what ever, parts is parts.

A coupe of weeks ago I got this off a sale from Free Time Hobbies.

So, this will take care of most of what I will need to build something from this mess. Not sure what though, I have decals for an E1, E3, or E4. When I first got this I was so disgusted I took the night fighter parts and added them to a Tamyia kit that I had a detail set for, along with a set of Owl decals to get the night fighter variant....

So, at this point I will build this, but not sure yet which variant / markings I am going to use.
LyleW
Admin

Re: 1/48 Hasegawa Bf-109E?

Post by LyleW »

That kinda sucks. Been there, bought it, too.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Post by Scruffy »

Yep, and now trying to make something out of it :hmm: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
AtomCat109
Advanced Member

Post by AtomCat109 »

I guess it depends which canopy frame you have, the E-1/3 or E-4/7?

And from there what scheme you like?

But now I want to build a nighttime variant with one of my kits (not the one I just started though)!!! :headslap:
Messerschmitt 109 Addict
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Subscribed. The narrative and paint-splattered box art I like very much, and I look forward to how you choose to build this project!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Post by Scruffy »

AtomCat109 wrote:I guess it depends which canopy frame you have, the E-1/3 or E-4/7?

And from there what scheme you like?

But now I want to build a nighttime variant with one of my kits (not the one I just started though)!!! :headslap:
I am pretty sure I have both canopies in the kit, so that is covered.
The night fighter is cool just because it is such an unexpected variant/ color scheme for a 109E.
speedgraflex wrote:Subscribed. The narrative and paint-splattered box art I like very much, and I look forward to how you choose to build this project!
Thank you Bruce, nice to have you along!
AtomCat109
Advanced Member

Post by AtomCat109 »

I am pretty sure I have both canopies in the kit, so that is covered.
The night fighter is cool just because it is such an unexpected variant/ color scheme for a 109E.
speedgraflex wrote:Subscribed. The narrative and paint-splattered box art I like very much, and I look forward to how you choose to build this project!
Thank you Bruce, nice to have you along![/quote]

Well that leaves you many many choices. There is Legion Condor, Battle of France, Battle of Britain, Afrika, Balkan, Barbarossa, and Norway (forgot the name).
Messerschmitt 109 Addict
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

I'm all for trying to pull together a full kit from that mess of parts - looking forward to seeing what you come up with becuase if that nightfighter is anything to go by - it'll look awesome.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Post by Scruffy »

Okay, this 109E4 I have decals for, and at the moment is the leading contender for this build....

pzl66
Master Member

Post by pzl66 »

That will look good!
Messerschmitt 109 Addict

Return to “Messerschmitt 2019 Group Build”