BlackSheep214's F-16 Fighting Falcon Pair

All things jet, no props and Stik...no armor even though the M1 is turbin powered.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: BlackSheep214's F-16 Fighting Falcon Pair

Post by Medicman71 »

Stikpusher wrote:
Stuart wrote:Hey no problem - technically this GB ended about 14 months ago, but hey this is SPAM, nothing ever ends here!
That’s what I love about this place!
:wink:
Exactly!!!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Ok... a question regarding sidrwinder missiles. What type did the Belgian AF used? The Hobby Boss kit DID NOT come with any armaments at all except underbelly tanks. Strange for Hobby Boss.
I'm doing the exact Viper as shown on box cover on first page.

Any advice is appreciated.

I plan on using the sparrow missiles in the Italeri kit - also the second Viper kit for this GB. The Italeri kit only has 2 sidewinders - I need 4 for the Hobby Boss kit.

I know I can either buy the weapons set or if anyone has 4 sidewinder missiles that is willing to part with. I need 1/72 scale missiles.
If I need to get the weapons set, which sidewinder type should I be looking out for. Hasegawa has several air to air weapons sets in 1/72 scale.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

What is the pod on the wingtip of Italeri box cover Italian Solo Demo Viper? Where can I find it on which weapons set in 1/72 scale?

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Ok... a question regarding sidrwinder missiles. What type did the Belgian AF used? The Hobby Boss kit DID NOT come with any armaments at all except underbelly tanks. Strange for Hobby Boss.
I'm doing the exact Viper as shown on box cover on first page.

Any advice is appreciated.

I plan on using the sparrow missiles in the Italeri kit - also the second Viper kit for this GB. The Italeri kit only has 2 sidewinders - I need 4 for the Hobby Boss kit.

I know I can either buy the weapons set or if anyone has 4 sidewinder missiles that is willing to part with. I need 1/72 scale missiles.
If I need to get the weapons set, which sidewinder type should I be looking out for. Hasegawa has several air to air weapons sets in 1/72 scale.
The only variant of the F-16 that carried Sparrows operationally was the F-16A ADF. That version has a distinct tail base. AMRAAM capability was added in the 90’s to most all US & NATO variants. As far as Sidewinders go, the J was the model in use initially, until the L/M was fielded. J’s were later upgraded into P’s. The X is the latest version of to be carried.
BlackSheep214 wrote:What is the pod on the wingtip of Italeri box cover Italian Solo Demo Viper? Where can I find it on which weapons set in 1/72 scale?
I’ll have to look at that kit to see what sort of pod is carried on the box art.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

BlackSheep214 wrote:What is the pod on the wingtip of Italeri box cover Italian Solo Demo Viper? Where can I find it on which weapons set in 1/72 scale?
This kit?

That looks to be a ACMI (Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation) pod. Basically it relays aircraft in flight maneuvering data (airspeed, altitude, pitch/roll/yaw, etc.) about the carrier aircraft to sensors in the area training range that are linked into a central point where air combat training is being held. Each aircraft in the training event is carrying one, so they can be utilized for real time and after action analysis. Think Top Gun or Red Flag.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Yup. That's the one.

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Thank you. Now I know what to look for.

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

What Stik said. :giggles:
Mike

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Ok a couple updates. First up is the Hobby Boss kit. Tail rudder, underwing hardpoint mounts installed, and belly tanks assembled. It won't be long for paint. Nose not installed yet.

Next up is the Italeri kit. Higher part count than the Hobby Boss kit. Tail rudder, bulge pieces to tail and front intake installed.

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice! :shoutout:
Mike

Return to “Jet GB by Portman”