Yeah baw Kenny X’s Zerstörer!

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Yeah baw Kenny X’s Zerstörer!

Post by Duke Maddog »

Kenny, I'm sorry for your loss. I have two cats now; one of which is getting pretty old. I know what you're going through.

What great work so far, and In love that they included a dog in the kit. I'm looking forward to seeing it sitting in the cockpit when this is all done.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Handiabled
Master Member

Post by Handiabled »

Loving this so far, and now loving it even more with the tribute you are working into it
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Really sorry to hear about your dog Ken. We had to put both of our dachshund's down within 6 months of one another a couple of years ago. Both of 'em made it to 17 years old with one of 'em having a heart attack and the other just went plain nuts (blind, deaf...etc.). Still makes me tear up just thinking about both of those idiots. Point is that I do feel your pain bro. Keep doin' what you're doin' and move forward.

Great progress on this cockpit so far and you're right...these pits are super detailed. Started on one of these myself when I first got back into modeling 7 years ago but didn't have the skills yet to follow it all the way through. Will be watching your build here with great interest.
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

I'm sorry for you loss Kenny losing a dog is losing a member of the family. The Eduard Bf110 kits are great, I got 4 more in the stash to build. as for the Dachshunds, they was the mascots of the Dackelstaffel 1.(Z)JG 77. the unit first got there Dachshunds in the first half of 1941. There was three of them, Bamsee, which is Nordic for bear, another named Herdla named for the main base of JG5 in Norway. The Third was named Lockheed named for the units first kill a Lockheed Hudson and was also the dog of Lt. Felix-Maria Brandis.
Here is a photo of Brandis and his radio OP Feldwebel Herbert Baus.

Also hope you don't mind me posting this, here is the Eduard Bf110E I built flown by Lt. Felix-Maria Brandis with Lockheed.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall

Return to “Messerschmitt 2019 Group Build”