Yeah baw Kenny X’s Zerstörer!

Stikpusher

Re: Yeah baw Kenny X’s Zerstörer!

Post by Stikpusher »

That 110 has radar, it is well past the 1940 Battle of France. The 110s used in the 1940 Blitzkrieg on France were C& D models and had no radar. That came along later as a result of the RAFs night bombing campaign against Germany.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

WHOOPS!!

Well that’s cool, too. Radar is awesome.

Say Carlos, how heavily weathered would you say an aircraft like this got?
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Based on the photos, I’d say moderately weathered at most. The night fighter force was operating from established prepared airfields in a temperate climate. The ground crews would have adequate time to keep on top of things. Just like the day fighter force in the West at this same time period.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Thanks! I think I can get down with that.
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I was reading about your photo reference—thanks for posting the image credit to FalkEins. I subscribed yesterday to follow along, but I was waiting to see where you were heading and what your approach would be. I read about Begonia about the same time last night. Your family is in my prayers. It is never easy having to euthanize a beloved pet. Your thoughts to celebrate her life were well written and received. I have some reference on 110s which I need to add for you and Kari too in the photo thread.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Thank you so much, Bruce. I really appreciate it. It really sucks, seeing her decline so rapidly. She was a big, strong dog in her prime. It’s hard seeing her like this. And it’s harder knowing that in just over 24 hours she’ll be gone. But I can’t put her through the suffering, much as I wish I could have more time with her.

Man. It really sucks.
Kenny X
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Nice choice Kenny!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

portman wrote:Nice choice Kenny!
Cheers, my friend and thank you!

This one is also a contender:

Theodor Weissenberger, Norway, June 1942.
Kenny X
pzl66
Master Member

Post by pzl66 »

A mighty fine scheme there!
Messerschmitt 109 Addict
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

It really is. It has all my favorite things about Luftwaffe camouflage- the splinter, the mottling... but it also has yellow, and that adds a lot to it, for me.

It’s a tough choice. I’ll have to think this over for a little while, but I plan to begin building tomorrow.
Kenny X

Return to “Messerschmitt 2019 Group Build”