Yeah baw Kenny X’s Zerstörer!

KennyX
Elite Member

Re: Yeah baw Kenny X’s Zerstörer!

Post by KennyX »

My dog falling ill late last week, and having to put her to sleep really killed my mojo. No interest whatsoever in any of my projects especially those I was in the middle of when she started showing signs of being critically ill. Still no interest in food, either.

I guess that’s why this group build is so good for me- I can start a new project post the death of my dog. Work on it a little bit until my head is clear, then get back to the Hellcat and Zero.

I’ve gotten the cockpit started:

Lots of fiddly PE on this bird.
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

As I said on FB Kenny, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. We lost both our cats a few years back - one of which we'd had for 19 years and the other 16 - it cuts deep. Feel free to chuck me a PM if you need to vent.

Sometimes being actively engaged in a activity is the best therapy. Great work on the cockpit this far - it looks awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing more. :bow:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
pzl66
Master Member

Post by pzl66 »

Sorry about your pup, don’t want to think of getting to that place with mine...

The pit looks awesome!
Messerschmitt 109 Addict
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Yeah, what they said. So very sorry to hear about you fur baby. It is such a tough thing to have to do. Been there and it wasn’t fun. Hang in there.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Thanks so much, fellas. I’m hurting. Real bad. I loved the hell out of that dog. Oh my god.

I was digging though the kit’s box and found this single baggie with a little piece of plastic in it. I opened it up and what did I find but a 1:48 Dachshund! I did some reading about it and apparently the Luftwaffe gave the Zerstörer crews a wiener dog each to take along on missions! So here it is, folks! This’ll be my first model airplane complete with a “crew”. I’m gonna saw off the block, paint him, and put him in the pilot’s seat.

Also- this is the smallest, most highly-detailed (read: “fiddly” due to all the photo-etch parts), cockpit I’ve done so far. Shown here with treble hook for size reference. And I’ll be doing Theodor Weissenberger’s aircraft, with the Dachshund tearing apart an enemy aircraft graphic on the nose. I miss my dog. So that all seems appropriate.

Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Good for you! Paint it up like your pooch, maybe...
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

They didn’t come in red and white I don’t think, but that’s okay! The spirit will be there.
Kenny X
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's kind of weird - There's a dog in the kit. Sounds like a great tribute.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Right!? I love it.
Kenny X
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Beautiful! There is no such thing as coincidence! Those belts rock! Eduard PE is amazing in the right hands. You gave everything the right touch.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Messerschmitt 2019 Group Build”