Ships of the American Flag GB feeler

Organize a group build and see who is wanting to participate here.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: Ships of the American Flag GB feeler

Post by Medicman71 »

That's awesome!!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Agreed,
Perfect, I love it!!!
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That’s sweet!

Makes me want to break out my DVD set...

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
The Drifter

Post by The Drifter »

Bruce and Steve,
That badge is outstanding!! Love it!!

Carlos...you are correct...seeing a AB IIa Destroyer would be an awesome sight in person. Was that ship in port in San Diego? Great photo and thank you for posting.
Jeff
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Yeah Stik, I may have to spool up Victory myself.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

The Drifter wrote:Bruce and Steve,
That badge is outstanding!! Love it!!

Carlos...you are correct...seeing a AB IIa Destroyer would be an awesome sight in person. Was that ship in port in San Diego? Great photo and thank you for posting.
Anaheim landing, Seal Beach Naval Weapons Station. I live close to their and pass by the landing often on my bike rides. I love seeing the ships in port and undergoing uploads or downloads of ordnance. I take photos when I can but hold off posting them for days or weeks due to OPSEC reasons. I love the raked back main mast of the Burke’s. It just makes them look faster.
Modelcrazy wrote:Yeah Stik, I may have to spool up Victory myself.
I can watch the series again and again, and never get tired of it. I love the music and footage. The narration matched the mood of the times when it was made.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
The Drifter

Post by The Drifter »

Good day Carlos,
I have heard of the Seal Beach NWS, but have never seen it in person. I have to agree with you on the design and sleekness of the those ships. On your bike rides...how close can you get to look at these ships? Being a NWS I'm sure the security is pretty intense. I look forward to the time you can post those photos. Again, thanks for posting that photo.
Jeff
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I’d guesstimate that I am within a 1/4 mile or so of the dock when I take these photos. I sue my phone and then have to blow them up as best I can. The photos make them look farther away than they actually are. Security there is what it is. I don’t want to say more than that. Most of the base is pretty dull/mundane to see as you pass by or thru it. Along the western side of the base there is the WWII submarine memorial, with plaques listing each sub lost in WWII and their crewman.

FLSM
The Drifter

Post by The Drifter »

Wow...a quarter mile is pretty good, and the photo you posted looked really good coming from a phone camera. I would really like to see that WWII memorial.
Jeff
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

This is a photo of the sub memorial from their website... each white post is for a lost boat with the name of the boat and the crewnames

IIRC, there are also memorial posts there for USS Thresher and USS Scorpion, the two boats lost in the Cold War.

FLSM

Return to “Group Build Feeler”