1967 Monogram 1/72 US Navy A-5A Vigilante.

All things jet, no props and Stik...no armor even though the M1 is turbin powered.
speedgraflex

Re: 1967 Monogram 1/72 US Navy A-5A Vigilante.

Post by speedgraflex »

Thank you for your advice, Tom! Sincerely appreciated.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Feels good to see a Monogram kit on the cover!

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

The article on the Monogram Wildcat almost sounds like it’s worth reading. But is it a case of fixing up an old kit by buying and adding A,B, & C pricey AM products, or a case of creating X, Y, & Z fixes by old fashioned scratch building techniques....? :hmm:

I remember years ago that they had such an article for the Monogram T-28. It was pretty much a sales pitch for multiple AM products. :bored:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Good points—I did a little research courtesy of FB on the builder who is a fine artist living in Murfreesboro, TN to see if I could provide answers. First, I have to add that I probably will not read the magazine article simply because I have a long standing note for myself to simply go my own way unless I know and trust the other fella and I believe that is a trait many of us here share. We go our own way, especially when it comes to building an old kit. One of the first advertising gurus I worked with used to tell me, “Any ink is good ink,” and that is pretty much why I posted. It was good to see an old Monogram kit grace the cover of FSM regardless of how many AM bits n bobs were involved. My apologies for not clarifying why I posted, Carlos. Frankly your F-86 should be on the cover, in my opinion. Your approach is always going to be of interest to me. Always. I just gotta learn to embrace styrene as a filler, and then I can apply for a job on the Reliant!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

No worries Bruce. That was only me being me. There is nothing that I love seeing more than somebody pulling a Shep Paine and upgrading a kit the old fashioned way. I have seen a few of those on display at some local shops that are simply stunning to behold. There is nothing wrong with those who go the AM route to upgrade an old kit... sometimes that is the quicker route, but still requires just as much effort.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Always wish you all the best, bud. And I wasn’t clear on my reason for posting, so I thank you for your points!

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Man does that flyer bring back some memories.... and look at the price... $2!!!! :wow:

Good stuff! Thanks for posting that Bruce!

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I miss those ads...and prices.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote:I miss those ads...and prices.
You and me both... those were some good times! I thought that I had an old Monogram catalog around here, but I may have pitched it a couple of moves ago...

FLSM

Return to “Jet GB by Portman”