1967 Monogram 1/72 US Navy A-5A Vigilante.

All things jet, no props and Stik...no armor even though the M1 is turbin powered.
speedgraflex

Re: 1967 Monogram 1/72 US Navy A-5A Vigilante.

Post by speedgraflex »

I worked on this today for about 20 minutes. Sanding the seat. I also checked the seams. So much seam work, but all appear to be steadfast! A minor miracle.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

That is good! Probably the worst sound for me (besides a crunch from the floor) is to hear a seam pop while sanding.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Yes—terrible sound. There is so much Milliput coverage the surface is now slightly a matte finish. Grainy. That’s probably due to not sanding beyond 1500 grit. I did this because I was saving sandpaper for slot car projects, not cheapskate behavior but simply a constraint. There is still a gap where the wings mate with the fuselage in front. I am still debating to keep that and keep the original raised panel lines in that section. It’s 6 am and I’m writing about this. Wow. Thanks so much for writing, Lyle. Sincerely.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Jet GB by Portman”