Dodge Challenger SRT8 - Revell 1/25

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
speedgraflex

Re: Dodge Challenger SRT8 - Revell 1/25

Post by speedgraflex »

Well now, the honor is all ours here at SPAM. I spy a beautiful car! Congratulations. Maybe clean the phone camera lens or is that steam a by product of a cold day? Sincerely. Beautiful project.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Wow, that is nice!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout: Looks good Torben! Now go have some bier and ponder which Tamiya kit you need to recharge your modeling batteries. :wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Torben that Challenger turned out very well my good buddy. Good to see that you tackled a car. Windows.....you almost have to handle with nitrile gloved hands to keep clean. I dip all windows in Future to give 'em that extra shine. The car bodies, I have learned, do all the paint prep work first (i.e. mold line removal, seam filling...etc) and save all the paint work for the last so you can work with the body all the way through the build. After most of the handling is done and just before you are ready to fit the body onto the chassis/ interior and all of that ….then you can get away with painting it in order to avoid any potential damage incurred by assembly handling. I did things bass ackwards with my General Lee build by painting the body first and I don't think I'll do it that way again. Too many close calls and it was really hard to work with being finished up so early.
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Thank you guys. You're all too kind. Joe, I do regret not to have dipped the clear parts in Future. I always do that with my canopies and I skipped it here due to pure laziness. The parts were a bit scuffed due to rattling around in the box from the beginning. The Tamiya compound made it look better but far from perfect.

Click here for the finished build
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”