Stuart's Aircraft of the Royal Air Force in WWII

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Stu's Aircraft of the Royal Air Force in WWII

Post by Stuart »

Nice looking build John - that looks great!

Thanks Guys, it's not a bad little kit this. It probably won't be the fastest of builds as I keep having to pack all my stuff away for house viewings, but hopefully it won't take too long.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

That is off to a great start! Hope you are well.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Thanks Lyle!

I'm not too bad, I have a really painfull foot issue that's getting me down and I've been stupid busy with work and selling the house over the past few months, Hopefully we can sell soon and everything will calm down a bit.

keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Foot issues are the worst. I had a couple that made me never go barefoot again. Stepped on the plug end of a power cord and one of the prongs stuck me and nicked the large tendon that runs from your big toe to your heel. Hurt for months. Second was Morton's neuroma. It's an irritation around the nerve bundle that runs between your 3rd and 4th toes (from the left). Gets irritated and swells up and it feels like you're walking on a marble. I was able to baby it and avoid surgery. Since then I live in Birkenstocks around the house and baby my feel. Take care of your feet!
Thanks,
John
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

keavdog wrote:Foot issues are the worst. I had a couple that made me never go barefoot again. Stepped on the plug end of a power cord and one of the prongs stuck me and nicked the large tendon that runs from your big toe to your heel. Hurt for months.
OWWWWWW!!!!! Shit!
keavdog wrote: Second was Morton's neuroma. It's an irritation around the nerve bundle that runs between your 3rd and 4th toes (from the left). Gets irritated and swells up and it feels like you're walking on a marble. I was able to baby it and avoid surgery. Since then I live in Birkenstocks around the house and baby my feel. Take care of your feet!
That's pretty much what I've got, although it's called something different, but it feels like I have a stone under my toes - hurts constantly and my foot swells up if I don't rest it a lot. It sucks, as you can't walk far on it. I get it every few years, although this is the first time I've had it in my left foot. It might be something to do with having low arches, but yeah, barefoot on hard floors is a no.

Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Stuart's Aircraft of the Royal Air Force in WWII

Post by Stuart »

Sorry for not posting much Gents, I'm really not being a great forum member at the mo!

Work has progressed on the Defiant, so far it's all gone together well, it's a nice little kit if you get a chance to build one. It's just OOB (with a spare seat belt decal) with some basic painting.

I think next I'm going to sort the turret out, and then put it aside for when the build is finished.

Cheers!

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Very nic.e!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Thanks Lyle! :bow:

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Hi Stuart,

I hope your foot is better. Any chronic pain makes life difficult. Turning to your work bench, I like the results you achieved so far a great deal. I’m not simply writing that, mind you. I sincerely feel that a proper usage of brush paint truly adds a deep dimensional perspective to the representation of an aircraft. I have been thinking as of late about trying out a thin interference layer above the robin’s egg blue of Airfix kit plastic, perhaps a medium gray, just something to add a touch of character. I’m not sure if I have explained my thoughts properly.

At the moment, I have set aside an Airfix 1:72 Hawker Hurricane to be the test subject. I will attempt a brush painting process using medium gray Humbrol acrylics followed by the suggested scheme (and box paints) for the kit’s subject.

Long preamble over. My question is, have you ever prepared a layer or layers underneath the top coats, and was it worth the time? Look forward to your progress.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Excellent progress and update Stuart! Your Defiant is looking real good!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”