Space Battleship Missouri, or whatever you want to call it.

Here is the place to show off the progress of your sci-fi builds.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Space Battleship Missouri, or whatever you want to call

Post by BlackSheep214 »

And a decal at the nose of Moe from the Three Stooges fame. Call it Mighty Mo! :lashed:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

I've got a ton of spare decals. Hopefully I can find something "spacey". Im working on the superstructure pieces and guns. I'm rounding the turrets to make them more futuristic.
I was thinking of modifying the gun barrels but not sure right now.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Started on the superstructure on guns. The guns are not glued yet and I want to do a lot more to the super.
I'm thinking of converting the forward blisters into gun pods. Make hole, insert tube, sand tube even with pod, bingo, some sort of fusion pulse phaser or heavy sonic cannon. :giggles: I think I need to raise the super firing B turret a little.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

So good! This is is a wonderful project here and I am really learning a lot. Thank you so much for sharing. I bought a coffee and did a few sketches: thinking how the dazzle camo would look (top series), then starting to think you needed a combination logo of the name within an image of the solar system, finally thinking about the antenna superstructure (forgive my lack of proper nomenclature here) of the H.W. Bush.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Well HW or W, can you say nuclear correctly LOL. They gave W such a hard time about that.
Cool camo scheme, yes, I was thinking along the lines of the North Carolina like you have there. I like the.....I guess it would be a sensor suite :hmm: You have there. I am digging through the spares box and coming up with landing gear doors, panels and such to piece something together. Last night in my extremely limited time, I work about 14 hours a day between driving Lyft/Uber and my normal 8 hour job, I found and added a piece of circular sprue tree that fit perfectly on the "B" turret barbet to raise it up a tad :whistle: I'm looking hard at the superstructure to see how I can make it more futuristic.

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Those are some long hours, Steve. You have my respect for doing what you do. This is one project where it is possible to be extremely flexible with details of cannons and sensors. Your work so far looks perfect to me. I am excited to see your progress going forward!!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Steve this is crazy cool!!! Hats off to you bud. Wow!!!
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thanks Mustang,
Some more work on the MO last night. I decided to make the forward blisters nutron pulse guns and the bow barrel a sonic wave gun. Of course sanding and filling is in order. I'm also going through the slow process of rounding all eight 5" gun turrets.

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Brilliant man! What fantastic work so far!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thanks Mark, just about done adding stuff to it and finishing the guns. Then comes the final prep and then paint.

Return to “Work In Progress: Sci-Fi”