AMT Kit S921-200

Here is the place to show off the progress of your sci-fi builds.
speedgraflex

Re: AMT Kit S921-200

Post by speedgraflex »

MR SURFACER 1500

I will have to fix that properly. I thought at first this was caused by stress, but I think I missed a fill!

The other side looks good to me.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Additional shot / flattened molding issue which “goes away” with overhead lighting. I’m not sure how to address this yet.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

For every two or three steps forward, there’s always something to set you back one or two... :hmm: :headslap:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Carlos Kahn I apologize profusely! I did not see any notification for your reply; I simply missed out on some truth—sometimes you gets the bear and here the bear gets me; not fully, though. I think I can get outta this with some putty. Well I got sent Commission 3 today and I am excited to begin on it; that would be the small diesel locomotive, which kind of looks a little like this:

So, my apologies, as I have to put the Gray Lady on hold again whilst I work out how to build this beast. I also started up scratchbuilding a tank car on the remaining disconnect; this is a project based on a very limited edition O gauge kit by modeler Thomas A. Yorke, whose work was very inspiring both to me and my late father.

I ended up forming the cylinder from Milliput then skinning it with thin sheets of plastic card. The vertical pipe is a scrap of sprue. There is another square tank which goes beside this one and both tanks rest on stringers.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

That is really cool Bruce, I'm very interested in seeing this diesel engine finished, I also hope that working on it will bring back some very good memories of your dad.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thanks so much, Clint. I greatly appreciate your comments and support. One of my Dad’s abiding interests of course was trains... the other was the Civil War. I spent my morning so far researching old narrow gauge lines in Virginia; and some of those were built on the bones of old Civil War railways, others sprung up outta a discovery of coal or ore, Their names are great, too: “Dismal Swamp Railway” has to be one of the most dramatic ones; the Great Dismal Swamp is a fabled area, rich with stories!

I have been advised to paint colorfully, so I will probably end up using at least three colors for the diesel locomotive: body color and two contrasting trim colors. I am trying to locate photo examples of the specific locomotive in use. Virginia Central Railway was an old Civil War railroad: the line was standard gauge, though. However the details for a painting scheme are interesting:

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

In the most respectful manner...Dude, you is an are-teast! Wowser.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Lyle! You are too kind, but I will take the great compliment gratefully! I feel I am surrounded by artists here, including you! I would like to move the locomotive to a personal thread similar to threads others here use, and call it Foley Car Shops.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

I think that would be a great idea to show off all the great work you've done so far on these.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thanks, Clint. I started to paint the loco sections, but it would make more sense to set this up as a proper project than to interrupt the flow of this one.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Work In Progress: Sci-Fi”