AMT Kit S921-200 built by speedgraflex

Here is the place to show off the progress of your sci-fi builds.
speedgraflex

Re: AMT Kit S921-200

Post by speedgraflex »

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Just caught up with the thread Bruce , grate progress so far!

Lovely looking railway stock Bruce, your finish and weathering are excellent! Did you say these were commission builds?
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

speedgraflex wrote:(...) I ended up forming the cylinder from Milliput then skinning it with thin sheets of plastic card. The vertical pipe is a scrap of sprue. There is another square tank which goes beside this one and both tanks rest on stringers.

Wait, what? You made that tank out of Millput? That's it. I quit.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Never quit! It was your work with black basing on the Warthog which inspired me, and your work continues to inspire me, Mike. I know you were joking but I will tell you the truth, I was feeling very ornery and crosswise with the world and decided to just go for it, so much of what stops me from getting things done is that final bit of daring... I think you know what I mean. I was in conversation with one of my close friends who switched from being a fireman to a paramedic and his stories of his first two weeks on the job really inspired me and made me quit whining about the status of my life, when for him each moment could be someone’s last, and how his attitude changed as a result.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Bruce, it’s amazing what a little change in perspective can do for your outlook in life. My kids and family could piss me off any day of the week, and after one day at work, I’d realize what they did to do so was peanuts in the big scheme of things.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

I really like your way of thinking and I adore your ability to not only listening to other people but also to learn from their experiences, wins and losses. These are the skills of a smart and empathic human being.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thank you for your comments, Carlos. What you wrote certainly rings true to my ears. There is a real need for compassion amongst us all. When my father would say, daily to me: “Follow your heart and do no harm,” he wanted a degree of understanding that is easily lost to us. Torben! I also thank you very, very much for your kind comments. From Rilke’s Sonnets to Orpheus:

I

Da stieg ein Baum. O reine Übersteigüng!
O Orpheus singt! O hoher Baum im Ohr!
Und alles schwieg. Doch selbst in der Verschweigung
ging neuer Anfang, Wink und Wandlung vor.

Tiere aus Stille drangen aus dem klaren
gelösten Wald von Lager und Genist;
und da ergab sich, daß sie nicht aus List
und nicht aus Angst in sich so leise waren,

sondern aus Hören. Brüllen, Schrei, Geröhr
schien klein in ihren Herzen. Und wo eben
kaum eine Hütte war, dies zu empfangen,

ein Unterschlupf aus dunkelstem Verlangen
mit einem Zugang, dessen Pfosten beben,—
da schufst du ihnen Tempel im Gehör.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Your father was right. I too always try to live my life giving more compassion and support to others. I always feel if I can make someone laugh or smile anytime during the day, then I've done something that made this world a slightly better place for someone.

Now lets see this beastie take flight!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thank you for your kind words, Duke!

Sanding the dickens outta this thing. It’s starting to look like modern art with all the layers of things I’m using to camouflage the seams! Seams, seams, the unending pursuit! The more you sand, the more you... toot? Man alive that Mr Surfacer is some strong smelling stuff.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Looking good. That is why I like different colors of putty!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Work In Progress: Sci-Fi”