OOB Revell 1998 Trans Am-Now In Completed Section

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
mustang1989

Re: OOB Revell 1998 Trans Am-Engine Complete-04/27

Post by mustang1989 »

midnightprowler wrote:Isn't oob and factory stock against you code of ethics joe :giggles: just kidding! Looking first rate already!
Thanks Lee. It normally is but I needed something to tide me over just to feel a sense of modeling accomplishment. :giggles:

Ok folks. It's been a couple of weeks since my last progress post but I'm trying not to "update" everybody to death. I've been payin' a lot of attention to pictures and trying to get it as close the those and also from what I can remember when I used to work on these. I managed to acquire a Camaro kit which had the dual outlet muffler and will be using that on this build instead of the single outlet one. The muffler is not glued into place yet so it is just there for display purposes at this point. I'll be stripping the chrome plating from the assembly, cleaning it up and modifying it so that both pipes will lay in the right place at the right angles as well as drill out the ends of the pipes to hollow them out. I used lots of different black tones by way of gloss, semi gloss, satin and flat finishes as to give the chassis some depth and more detail. The differentials always seemed to rust so I finished it up in a semi rusted state in what would be a "soon after new" look the way it would look after the car had been on the road for about a month or two. The heat shield just in front of the differential was achieved by the use of Matte Aluminum Bare Metal Foil and the fuel tank & spare tire areas were given a coat of darker gray to add contrast.

I cleaned the wheels up, added the WS-6 center cap decals and coated them with a light coating of Tamiya Smoke to get rid of the toy chrome look. I also gave the tire tread areas a light sanding to give 'em that "road wear" look (uh-oh....looks like I might've missed one :whistle: ). Pretty happy with these.

I'm really glad that I chose to lower the car some because there would've been a whole LOT of air between the tires and the top of the wheel openings. I might try to lower the front just a smidgen more to get it where I want it....

LyleW
Admin

Re: OOB Revell 1998 Trans Am-Chassis Complete-05/07

Post by LyleW »

That is really looking good. I enjoy watching your work come together.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks for taggin' along and for the comments Lyle.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looking good!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Tom. Hopefully I can get goin' on the interior sometime pretty soon. Gotta hop back on the Maverick this weekend.
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Not bad for a amateur :lol: well at factory stock anyway. Seriously looking darn good.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Lol!!! Thanks Lee.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:hmm:

Lower the front end...

:whistle:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Already in the works Carlos! Thanks for droppin' in bud.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

great work Joe - those wheels look much better!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”