M46, 6th Tank Battalion, 1951. The Patton Project Pt.I

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Stikpusher

Re: M46, 6th Tank Battalion, 1951. The Patton Project Pt.I

Post by Stikpusher »

Clint, Tom, Mike, Joe, Stuart, thank you one and all for your kind words. I’m looking forward to wrapping this one up soon. Keep watching! :wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Very well done, Carlos. You have to fear the Toiger.
Cause his toight.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

mostrich wrote:Very well done, Carlos. You have to fear the Toiger.
Cause his toight.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Torben? Is that you? :whistle:

:giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Ugh, where you found that pic? Those were my days as brothel manager. Quit the job 'cause all the moaning and screaming sidetracked me from modeling. :whistle:
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

mostrich wrote:Ugh, where you found that pic? Those were my days as brothel manager. Quit the job 'cause all the moaning and screaming sidetracked me from modeling. :whistle:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

mostrich wrote:Ugh, where you found that pic? Those were my days as brothel manager. Quit the job 'cause all the moaning and screaming sidetracked me from modeling. :whistle:
Somewhere along the castle wall in Nuremberg... :whistle:

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Ok, I’m working on getting this one wrapped up soon also. I don’t want to jinx myself by saying more than that. I’ve started putting stowage on the beast. Photos show some unit tanks with a improvised rack on the left fender for holding ammo cans, so I scratched one up from rod and strip styrene, and filled it with some .30 and .50 ammo cans.

I also began adding soft stowage onto the turret and hull. The right side is almost done. I’m trying 5 minute epoxy for attaching the stowage so I don’t get any fogging like with CA. I used heavy foil for the pack straps. I need to go back and touch up the paint that flaked off when I bent the straps over the attachment points.

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Good to see this on the bench again - the stowage looks great!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Stuart. Once I get that stowage all on, it’s just some quick work after that... :whistle:
Although I must say that working with epoxy for the first time here certainly has its learning curve.

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Looks very...”tanky to be sure. You are at experience level in these. Soft storage look great!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”