53 Ford Pickup in Hallmark Channel colors

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
LyleW
Admin

Re: 53 Ford Pickup in Hallmark Channel colors

Post by LyleW »

My fine tipped pen ain’t right...color has changed to a silver. I’ve gotten it looking better and will likely call it done, but I may give the pencil a try.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Oh WOW!!! Didn't know that this one was goin' on Lyle!! You know I'm a sucker for these early F series trucks.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

No, didn’t know that or I would have sent it to you!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

LyleW wrote:My fine tipped pen ain’t right...color has changed to a silver. I’ve gotten it looking better and will likely call it done, but I may give the pencil a try.
Yeah, it does that sometimes. Gotta keep shaking the pen to mix it. I usually tap the tip in a plastic spoon to make sure it’s coming out chrome.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Coming along nicely. I may have a spare gauge decal. I'll let you know Saturday.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Cool! Thanks!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

You guys should buy tickets to the show. . . or i should have a live stream going. What a morning. Okay, try to follow along...
Yesterday, the usb hub stopped working..not sure why. moved a bunch of stuff, found it, wiggled wires, etc and it came back online. Thought I smelled some spray paint. Checked the bin where they are kept, nothing. Went about my bidness.

Garland and decals for the truck bed arrived, Scanned the decals, and went to grab the camera and it was stuck to the bench. Yep, somehow a tube of good ol' Testors had made its way to that area. Of course, the cap was off. :headbang: :scream: :scream: :scream:

So, i got a single edge razor blade to clean up the desk, scraping off the glue...managed to slice my index finger. Quite a bleeder. Finally got that stopped (CA and bandaid). Picked up the camera. There is only one place that the sticky crapola could be a problem. The battery cover. Guess where it was? Yep, the battery cover. Cleaned up all of that and then noticed a piece of the body that had broken a long time ago hace come off. It is where the battery cover latches. managed to find that and re-glue it. Told ya, it is usually interesting around here.

All of that to take a bad picture of the garland.....

Bed decals. From Gofer Racing decals

Not sure if i am doing it the right way or not, but i am cutting strips

Anyway, that is all folks. Back tot he coloring book.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Uh.. shouldn't you be painting the strips silver or chrome first before laying down the wood decal strips? Looks good though.

Boy... sounds to me it's The Lyle Comedy Hour today. Wow... Murphy's Law strikes again.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Probably, in hindsight.....in my defense, though, it came with rail decals. Applied one and do not like it very much. I have some BMF coming that should be here Monday. I can cut strips of that.

Oh, Murphy was an optimist!
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Uh.. shouldn't you be painting the strips silver or chrome first before laying down the wood decal strips? Looks good though.

Boy... sounds to me it's The Lyle Comedy Hour today. Wow... Murphy's Law strikes again.
I think he's doing it the right way. The real truck would have laid down the wood then applied the strips.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”