You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out Kid

Guns, knives, bows, weapons in general.

NO Politics, None of the stuff we don't allow in other areas. Be nixe.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out Kid

Post by BlackSheep214 »

LyleW wrote:Went to the range this morning and exercised a couple of 9 mm and a .380....went to shoot the M&P 15 and it would not fire. Uh oh......
I was the last guyvthat had it apart.
Uh oh.... here we go again. What part didja lose this time? :bored: :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

All parts accounted for.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote:Went to the range this morning and exercised a couple of 9 mm and a .380....went to shoot the M&P 15 and it would not fire. Uh oh......
That’s not good. But better at the range than on a dark night when you really need it to shoot. Did you check the primers on the rounds that you attempted to fire?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

No. Ol doofus didn’t think of that. I’m starting to wonder if the bulletins were too short and the pin could not reach them. Just kidding. These things have that breach assist? Wonder if it needed to be owed to “snug” it in place. I have someone I can call to Nell.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Stikpusher wrote:
That’s not good. But better at the range than on a dark night when you really need it to shoot. Did you check the primers on the rounds that you attempted to fire?
Very true, better it happened at the range.

The M&P 15 that's a AR15 clone right? Got to ask safety off and weapon charged right :tease:
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Floki, oops. Yeah, it was all that. Pulled the trigger and got a click.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

SPORTS: Immediate action drill for a stoppage of misfire with the M16/AR-15 family of weapons

Slap on magazine bottom to make sure that the magazine is properly seated
Pull the charging handle to the rear
Observe the ejection of a round and that the chamber is clear
Release the bolt forward, chambering a new round
Tap the forward assist to make sure that the bolt is all the way forward
Squeeze the trigger and fire the new round
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Pretty much did all that BUT the forward assist step.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

If the bolt is not fully seated forward, the firing pin might not hit the primer of the round. That’s why I asked if you had checked the primer for indications of a strike. Another possibility is that the tip of the firing pin is broken off.

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I haven’t pulled it apart yet. I hope the firing pin is intact...Onlythe second time shooting it. Same batch of ammo. I’ll check the rounds tomorrow. Being a dog bed at the moment.

Return to “You'll Shoot Your Eye Out, Kid”