AMT '67 Mustang Fastback-Close-04/15

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: AMT '67 Mustang Fastback-Interior Progress-10/12

Post by Duke Maddog »

Joe, I am always amazed beyond words how well you do on all your cars! Way to go adding the gear detail on such a small part! That's dedication to the hobby!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

We all quit! :tease: :bow:
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thank you all for the very nice and encouraging words and comments. Haven't had a whole lot of bench time for the last few days.
I've had one thing after another hit since last week. Repairs on the cars/ trucks over the last weekend and then on just this past Monday......my sons truck got hit out in front of our house by a hit and run drunk driver. Found it when he was getting ready to leave for football practice at 5:15 in the morning. Long story short....there were enough pieces of their car left in the street for me to pick up, run part numbers and identify the vehicle and the color (silver) that was left on my sons rear bumper. Believe it or not we found the car that hit his truck later that afternoon. So I called the cops, the driver (a younger female) confessed to hitting it, received a ticket for fleeing the scene of an accident, and provided her insurance information. The truck was still driveable after I replaced the R/H tail light. It looked like Hell but at least he had wheels UNTIL....Wednesday when the transmission (which we had recently replaced with a freshly rebuilt unit) stopped pulling. In looking at it further it appears that the impact shoved the differential forward which caused the driveshaft to put excessive pressure on the output shaft which transmits all the way forward to the input shaft. This caused the torque converter to be pushed into the pump causing damage to the pump. It wasn't immediately noticeable because the truck was initially driveable but after a couple of days it finally just quit. Sooooo......we've got driveline issues now too. After I get the tranny out I'm going to have to check the crankshaft end play too because there's a very good chance that same impact force got transmitted to the crankshaft which'll put excessive pressure on the crankshaft thrust bearing. Being a 93 Silverado it'll probably be "totaIled" so I doubt the insurance company is going to give us any real money for the vehicle but I'll be hanging on to the fact that the whole truck was recently gone ALL the way through by my son and I. Man we put ALOT of work over the last two years into that truck.

While we were waiting for my buddy to show up with his wrecker to get it towed back to our house on Monday my son dropped his phone (face planted it on asphalt) rendering his phone useless. Well....the kids gotta have a phone so we can reach him so off to the repair shop that went. Good LORD man!!!! When will it stop???
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

That's all she got, fleeing the scene of a accident?????? WTF?????????
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

midnightprowler wrote:That's all she got, fleeing the scene of a accident?????? WTF?????????
I know man. Cops couldn't prove she was drunk 13 hours later. Her reason for not stopping and taking care of it......"She was too tired and just wanted to sleep." .......ummmm.....okay?? :hmm:

1.) We all know what really went down and

2.) Hell I'd want to sleep and make it all go away too. Kind of like standing in a tunnel, turning the lights on to see a train coming and then turning the lights out hoping it'll go away. lol.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Long story short why no DUI charge- it’s a tough one to prove if not caught in the act… One, it’s property damage only, a misdemeanor, and with no witness to testify they had seen her drinking or driving impaired, there is zero chance of a DUI charge being filed. It could be a simple case of “I dropped my cell phone and was reaching for it…” Two, thirteen hours after the collision, a stone cold sober person can drive home, have a drink after the crash to calm themselves, and then get drunk, and be legally drunk at home with no way to prove otherwise… the time factor of locating the driver afterwards is critical. I can go into a lot more details regarding DUI arrests and investigations but suffice to say that they are very resource intensive and time consuming. Let’s just say I could witness a homicide and a DUI, and the DUI would require more paperwork for the initial arrest. Add in a collision, and that is a second longer report for the same incident.
Any changes to those limitations are done thru the legislature and DA’s office. And we all know how that is going right now. The cops are just the messengers, they don’t make the laws.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Oh I hear you brother Carlos and understand what you're saying completely. I'm just sayin' that everybody knows she's lying but there's really nothing we can do about that. The best thing that could've happened is exactly what did.....she confessed and now we'll get a little money to help with the repairs.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I hear ya. Getting lied to is part of the job. It is what it is. In one sense you’re lucky you’re not in a place like Austin TX where they can’t even roll out on such events due to manpower shortages. In the long run, no one was hurt and the vehicle will get repaired.

Now this ‘67 Fastback isn’t going to build itself… :whistle: :tease:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Man that sucks! DUI's are so hard to prove. We get called out for drivers passed out in their car at a stop light or somewhere. If the vehicle is not in drive, with the engine running and the person behind the wheel, law enforcement can do nothing about it.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Crazy stuff ain’t it? Right on about no one getting hurt and we’ve got the ability to make a claim.
Hopefully this chick will take a learned lesson from it.

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”