What have you NOT built- ever?

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: What have you NOT built- ever?

Post by Stuart »

Medicman71 wrote:What GB are we talking about?
Carlos suggested a 'build what you have never built GB'... I think the aim is to kick it off in September.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

:hmm:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I still need to go through my stash and latest acquisitions to see if I got anything that I haven't built before.

I'll keep you posted.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark, between the photos of your room and collection, and what I’ve seen in person since you first invited me to OC IPMS many years ago, I seriously doubt that there is a generic type that you have not built. At least in 1/72 there is not. In your case, I’d say it may be a particular variant of something at best. I honestly believe that you have one of the most comprehensive one scale collections that exists.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

I should have picked up that Academy 1/144 B52H at the vendor tables. :headbang:
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Although I did just but it from HLJ. I just need to wait for it to arrive in my warehouse.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:Mark, between the photos of your room and collection, and what I’ve seen in person since you first invited me to OC IPMS many years ago, I seriously doubt that there is a generic type that you have not built. At least in 1/72 there is not. In your case, I’d say it may be a particular variant of something at best. I honestly believe that you have one of the most comprehensive one scale collections that exists.
Thank you Carlos! However, there is a couple things I have not built and I picked them up in Las Vegas, One is the 1/72 scale Marine AV-8B Harrier. Amazingly enough, I do not have one currently in the collection. That will be number one on my list. The other one will be my M-1240 M-ATV; another kit I've never built. Then again, it only just came out a couple years ago. I know I'll be starting that one soon too. unless we start this group build soon; then I'll hold off on starting that. A third option: my Italian battleships. Never built any of them. It's only been fairly recently that there have been any kitted and now I have the Roma and Vittorio Veneto to do.

Let me know when this will start; I'm quite eager to get started on them.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Instead of the B-52H which seems to be in limbo at the moment, I ordered theses guys from HobbyLink Japan. They show to be 3 to 5 days out and I'll have them shipped as soon as they come in. This should take care of the figure deficiency.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Steve, nice trio of figures! I love the pose on the Zero pilot. IIRC, the Luftwaffe pilot comes with a second head to make Adolf Galland. And then of course there is the Desert Fox…
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Oh cool, I'd like to try Galland. I may unintentionally make him look like Micky Mouse though :giggles:

Return to “Modeling Discussion”