Kari's bench 2021 -->

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Re: Kari's bench 2021 -->

Post by Gary Brantley »

Yeah Kari, everyone has a decal stash; post the size ya need and I bet one materializes! :grin:
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

KSaarni wrote:Thank you guys!

And yes Stuart, the swearing word Helvetti fits very well in this situation! :-D

To be honest,

I lost all the mojo for this build, will hopefully continue when I find a new decal of the right size to replace this one.
And then other details, antenna cable etc, could be done as well.

I tried to replicate some wear on the paint/marking.. but, it ain't good, a new decal can save this build.
But for the time being this bird is now waiting for better days.

:sad:

- Kari
Yeah......I'll be bringing that picture forward a page. Buddy.......there aint no way in hell I'd let that one sit for long unfinished. Such a great looking result thus far and I'd sure hate to see one decal stop this one from crossing the finish line. Get that decal comin' and bring this puppy home brother.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Thank you Gary, Joe and Carlos for the positive and motivating comments & feedback!

So back to the bench for the decal removal process, which was not that straight forward process.
Eventually I had to use AK's thinner to melt the decal away and of course the paint as well.

And then some "correction" painting...

Which was sort of successful all in all

So now hunting for a suitable AM decal set and Many Thanks Carlos for the links!
One of my preferred online shops has the Starfighter Decals set !

And, I have a half-built 1:48 B-239 Buffalo, though not sure if the version matches those used in the Midway ? :hmm:

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

You’re quite welcome Kari. As far as the Buffalo goes, the B-239 was roughly equivalent to the F2A-1. The Marines flew the F2A-3 at Midway, which had a slightly different cowling, tail, and propellor, as well as being approx 6” longer due to an additional fuel tank forward of the cockpit.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Kari it looks like you fixed the issue with the decal. The rest of the build looks great. Carry on man
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Kari, for future reference should this mishap occur again, I had pretty good luck removing a large decal much like yours with white vinegar. It took a bit of rubbing with the vinegar but when it came off, there was very little impact on the paintwork. However, the paint I was working over was enamel. I placed the large star and squadron code on the wrong wing, underside of the yellow Tigercat I did last year. I was pretty worried about having to redo that yellow but it did turn out okay. :wink:

Your Wildcat looks great, and it sure deserves a great "return" from this little glitch! I look forward to seeing her competed! :shoutout:
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Looks like you're well on the way in your recovery efforts Kari. :shoutout:
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Wow! That really sucks Kari! But it looks like you got this!

Note to self: Don't EVER use Eduard's new decals. :nono:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Nice save! And bravo for marshalling on.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.

Return to “Member's Gallery”