USS-Kobayashi Maru ECS 1022

Show of your completed sci-fi products here.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

USS-Kobayashi Maru ECS 1022

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Hey there! This is my first post of my work here, I want to post 1 model of every category in the completed section just to give you all a gauge of my skillset.
This model is one of my favourites, it is my own interpretation of the USS Kobayashi Maru from Star Trek online and Star Trek the Wrath of Khan (though you never see it on screen).
I custom designed the cargo pontoons and had them 3d printed for me. The original kit is the USS Reliant, miranda class. The rear cargo is a resin part from Multi Verse Models, the saratoga conversion kit. The cargo deck on the saucer is completely scratch built, but I lost a cargo door in my recent move.
Enjoy!
(Also can someone help me with uploading images directly from folders? I don't like that photobucket isn't free and has that watermark)
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: USS-Kobayashi Maru ECS 1022

Post by keavdog »

Nice job! Didn't know there was a ship named that - I thought it was an impossible test but Kirk some how won.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Yes it is a test, but the story goes that it was based on a real event involving a cargo ship named the Kobayashi Maru. Not sure where the registry came from though. In the new movies, in the simulation you can actually see the ship on the view screen, but it is a VERY different design.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Wow! That looks great!! Very nice work! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Give a look to Postimages.org
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

LyleW wrote:Give a look to Postimages.org
Phew thank you!
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Medicman71 wrote:Wow! That looks great!! Very nice work! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Thank you! It was my first kitbash.
Also are you really sponsored by all those companies...
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

:giggles: No. It was a joke that I think me and Stik came up with.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Very nicely done! I do like it! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Thank you Khan, much appreciated!

Return to “Completed Builds: Sci-Fi”