1/2500 Ambassador Class Enterprise C

Here is the place to show off the progress of your sci-fi builds.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

1/2500 Ambassador Class Enterprise C

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Hello All,
On another forum, I am in a group build of 1/2500 starships. I chose the Enterprise C as she was in my favourite episode of Next Gen, that being Yesterdays Enterprise.
Seems like everyone on that forum forgot that the group build was happening, because I am the only person who has posted work. No one comments on my work there either, so I will put it here for you all to ignore too :lol:
Jokes aside, I actually painted all the panelling by hand, no masking needed. Was actually easier than I thought with the deep recessed panel lines being a good guide.

When I decide to get back to it, I will update the photos.

Yes the white on the lower saucer is bad. I need to recoat that.
All painted by brush too, but the Vellejo paints are good for that.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: 1/2500 Ambassador Class Enterprise C

Post by Medicman71 »

It's looking great! :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Nice work! :shoutout: Hand brushing white is a real bear, that I can support you on there… multiple coats are usually needed… :headbang:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Stikpusher wrote:Nice work! :shoutout: Hand brushing white is a real bear, that I can support you on there… multiple coats are usually needed… :headbang:
Ha yeah no kidding.
Thanks for the comment!
Medicman71 wrote:It's looking great! :shoutout:
Thanks!
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Really nice work!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Looks good. Brings back memories - I loved Next Gen.

Thanks,
John
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Hey now! Your C looks sharp! Have you seen these? Most of these were taken when the model was finished.

I think I have 18 images total, including the concept art. One aspect I am having difficulty seeing is the base coat you chose. The color values appear darker, grayer, more in line with the battleship based TOS, less so the “Great Bird/Ocean Liner” of the Refit and TNG. This could be caused by the interior light of your photos, though, or by your design for the ship. It’s been awhile since I watched TNG. I recently finished marathoning DS9.

I did this rough comparison to see how close the base colors are. Looks good. I think the pastel blues really kick the color values in that vibrant, beautiful TNG way.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

The base colour is actually a winter gray. Those images were actually pretty useful, I feel a little stupid for painting the nacelle coolers blue instead of copper...
The colours I have chosen are a little harder contrast than the ones on the real ship, and in the images you posted I can see that the original colours are a lot more pastel than mine. I guess mine just isn't as accurate as I thought then...
Thanks for the compliment!
Also, from your images I realized how wrong I got my concentric circles on the underside of the hull. I should fill the middle ring with the lighter blue instead of leaving it base coat, and fill the other ring with white (between the 2nd light blue and the first light blue)
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That is a cracking looking build! I hope you get it finished!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

I hope so too! I need decals for the life pods, but the person I kept asking for them from will not print them or even really answer me... That is my only holding at the moment

Return to “Work In Progress: Sci-Fi”