Trumpeter 1/144 Type XXIII U-Boat

Here is the place to show off the progress of your ship builds.
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Re: Trumpeter 1/144 Type XXIII U-Boat

Post by Scruffy »

So, the first goal of 2022 is to get this turd off the bench! I honestly do not know what it is about this build, but I just can't seem to get motivated to get it finished. The kit is nice enough, went together well enough, I mean everything has gone pretty much to plan, but I struggle to get going on it. I have added some chipping, rust tones to the chips, and blended those areas. So getting closer at least.

mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

It's strange sometimes, isn't it? You can't point a finger on it but there's something that pulls you away from a certain kit. But let me tell you, that little submarine looks awesome!
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

That looks great! Well done - and cheers to getting it wrapped up
Thanks,
John
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Wouh, the paintwork is fantastic!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

We all seem to have kits that just don’t capture our mo..., er, energies once they are started. But, you have created a real beauty here!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yeah, I think that you should knuckle down on this one and get it wrapped up. It looks oh so close to the finish line, so that would eat at me for sure, if it was my project. And like all the others say, it looks really really good! There may be something bothering you about it’s look, aside from not yet being completed, but I sure can’t see it. :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Post by Scruffy »

Thank you, guys, for the replies, I appreciate your insights. My goal is to get it finished up this week. Yeah, just can't put my finger on it, like I mentioned it is not a bad kit, no problem with the build, weathering etc, all pretty much straight forward, Should be easy enough, except it isn't. Ah well, all part of the hobby I suppose!
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Nice looking U-boat you got going there, Scruffy. Let’s see this one buttoned up for good. You can do this. :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

It looks fantastic to me! I know what you're talking about, sometimes I just sit at my bench and stare at the kit not doing a thing to it. Not sure why, motivated enough to want to work on it but something just holds you back, it's a strange feeling.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Yep! Been there done that! Still, looking at this now; I would have called it done after adding any additional parts to it that are needed to finish it off.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Work In Progress: Ships”