The importance of cleanliness: Declan's Bench

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: The importance of cleanliness

Post by Duke Maddog »

I'd be thrilled to have a basement! I have a tiny 10x10 foot room that is so filled with crap that I can only move in a 3x3 foot space... and that is only when I want to sit in my chair! I'll have to take newer pics showing what it looks like now.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

OK I HATE Polar Lights decals... they are just terrible. They snap and cannot conform to any shape. I don't like doing decals to begin with, but wow...

It looks ok though:
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Hey that came out well!

Remind me again where this version of the Enterprise came from?
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Wow that looks sharp!
Thanks,
John
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Stuart wrote:Hey that came out well!

Remind me again where this version of the Enterprise came from?
:headslap: Lol The USS Excelsior originally was in Star Trek Search For Spock. The later version had a different bridge, shuttle bay and was NCC 2000 not NX 2000. I liked the Search for Spock version better.
HOWEVER When the Excelsior class was used for the Enterprise-B, in Star Trek Generations, they made some huge modifications. I will post a picture of my ent-b with my excelsior. Just for you Stuart :wink:
Thanks Keavdog
Last edited by Ceaser_Sa1ad on Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That looks real sharp! :shoutout: The decal work came out looking mighty fine… even if they did fight you.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Thanks Stik!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

That is a most impressive starship Declan! Way to go; it look like you conquered those decals despite the stiffness and inflexibility. :shoutout:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Thanks Duke! This has been in the works for... 2 months now I think? I was considering getting the aztec decals to do the ships panelling... but considering the decals that CAME with the kit... I think I would have shot myself into space.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

This is for Stuarts reference but anyone interested, heres this:
As you can see here, the secondary hull had a more boat like appearance on the Enterprise B (Right)
Here you can see the Enterprise B had extra impulse engines.
The Enterprise B had different caps on the ends of the nacelles. You can see the Excelsior has smooth fronts, where the Enterprise has a blue rib in it.
And the shuttle bay at the back was the same as the Star Trek 6 Excelsior, but different from the Star Trek 3 version.

So while the ship I have made isn't the Enterprise, you can see that the same class was used later in the movies, but varied from the original layout.

Return to “Member's Gallery”