Cowboy guns?

Guns, knives, bows, weapons in general.

NO Politics, None of the stuff we don't allow in other areas. Be nixe.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Cowboy guns?

Post by Gary Brantley »

I know some of you guys grew up watching TV westerns. They were ubiquitous in my youth, and even now, my wife and I sometimes watch old Gunsmoke episodes. If you watch that show and any of the myriad others like it, one would think every swingin' d*ck had a 1873 Colt "Peacemaker" strapped to his leg. :lol: In reality of course, it wasn't quite like that. At any rate, I've been wanting one of those Colts for years now. Authentic Colts are pretty expensive so I settled for a Uberti replica. They are beautifully built pistols, and very authentic in every detail, including the patent dates engraved on the originals.

I bought one today through an auction on Gunbroker.com. I'll be sending the money order tomorrow and the receiving FFL should have it middle of next week I'd guess. The one I bought is called the Cimarron Pistoleer model, in .45 Colt caliber. I saved the seller's pics; I'll be taking more later I am sure! I'm pretty stoked about this and have already ordered 250 rounds of ammunition and now need a good left-hand holster for it too. I also would really like to own a Uberti Smith&Wesson Schofield Model (1876) replica as well. I think they are just so beautiful and cool, but about twice the price of the Colt clones!

Below is a S&W Schofield Model 2:

Last edited by Gary Brantley on Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Cowboy guns?

Post by LyleW »

Beautiful firearm!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

That looks like fun!
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

.45 long Colt? That’s a big round! An old friend used to have modern Smith & Wesson in that caliber. A true hand cannon it was!
That’s a good looking shootin’ iron that you have coming you’re way.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Yup that's a nice one
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

That is very beautiful, I would love to have one someday.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Thanks guys!
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Time for an update. I bought another 1873 Colt "Peacemaker" clone. It's another Uberti-built single-action in .45 Colt, with the same 4 3/4" barrel. This one is a Stoeger import, Cattleman II, and has a case-hardened frame and hammer though instead of the all-blued finish of the Cimarron. The Cimarron Pistoleer is designed as an "out of the box" race gun for Cowboy Action Shooting, with a lighter hammer spring and a trigger weight of around 1 pound 9 oz. That's pretty damn "light" and requires a bit of getting used to. Both pistols have Uberti's retracting firing pin design that approximates the look of the original with a little added safety. It's still advisable to carry these pistols with the hammer down on an empty chamber.

I found 250 rounds of .45 Colt ammunition at $1.15 per round and that was the cheapest available, and is remanufactured ammo. I won't be plinking at many cans at those prices. This caliber may finally get me into handloading! Just what I need, another expensive hobby... :wink: :grin:

Here's the Cattleman II:

And some of both pistols together:

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

You need a hobby...
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Whatever you do, don’t invite Alec Baldwin over and let him handle them… :giggles:

:whistle:

:tease:

:wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “You'll Shoot Your Eye Out, Kid”