Ceaser's Beachcraft Bonanza

Something you have never built.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Ceaser's Beachcraft Bonanza

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Lyle has a hammer for you if you need one... :whistle: :giggles:

I hear ya. It's the same with me on the Revell P-61 Black Widow kit. I'm oh so close to putting a hammer to it. Its disgusting.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

I considered the hammer too! I read your beginnings of the P-61. Phew, that looked upsetting! Good choice on the P38 though.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Bummer. We need some Bonanzas!
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Ceaser_Sa1ad wrote:
BlackSheep214 wrote:Lyle has a hammer for you if you need one... :whistle: :giggles:

I hear ya. It's the same with me on the Revell P-61 Black Widow kit. I'm oh so close to putting a hammer to it. Its disgusting.
I considered the hammer too! I read your beginnings of the P-61. Phew, that looked upsetting! Good choice on the P38 though.
That sucks. I've had a few like that too. Here's the tool that I fixed them with if you need to borrow it.

Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

It's HAMMER TIME!!
Seeing Lyle do up his Bonanza gave me a bit of hope for mine. I was thinking "perhaps I am exaggerating the troubles of this kit"

Nope. I was not. The engine actually exploded as I tried to put the nose cover on. The glass is screwed up, the fuse doesn't line up anywhere. Not that it had any real locating tabs to begin with. Both of the exhausts came off as a result of the exploding engine. The whole nose/front section is warped to hell and back and hardly fits together. The gluing has obliterated any panel lines which will need to be re-scribed. The stand doesn't work for s#!t. The only thing that can save this kit from the hammer and subsequent binning are the decals. If they screw up, that's the end of the kit.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Murphy’s law hard at work. I know the feeling. Had it been me, that would have met the hammer quicker (along with a size 10 boot for good measures :giggles: ) Sorry to hear of the disaster you’re having.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Declan, I think you got a real clunker of a kit. Bandai made the molds back in 1973 and their kits usually were excellent for fit, especially for the day. Somewhere in the dim past I think I built one and I think I would remember if it was such a pig of a kit. I guess I'll have to pull one out of the stash and see what mine fits like.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Yes indeed - it does sound like you've had a hard time with this one.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

jeaton01 wrote:Declan, I think you got a real clunker of a kit. Bandai made the molds back in 1973 and their kits usually were excellent for fit, especially for the day. Somewhere in the dim past I think I built one and I think I would remember if it was such a pig of a kit. I guess I'll have to pull one out of the stash and see what mine fits like.
Bandai huh? They make some great kits nowadays. Shame about this mold.
These molds must just be so dead and worn out.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Murphy’s law hard at work. I know the feeling. Had it been me, that would have met the hammer quicker (along with a size 10 boot for good measures :giggles: ) Sorry to hear of the disaster you’re having.
Ha sadly, I only have a 9.5 size boot. I am really trying to be patient with this one, I had such high hopes for it.

Return to “Cherry Popper Group Build”