USS-Vengeance

Show of your completed sci-fi products here.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

USS-Vengeance

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

This is a 3d printed rendition of the USS Vengeance from Star Trek Into Darkness.
I really like this ship design. My downfall here was the size of the model. It is meant to be printed at a smaller scale, so the details here are super soft and there aren't enough of them. Another problem with the size, as you can see in the images, is it's own weight. The nacelle pylons keep snapping because the nacelles are too heavy for pylons. I tried to fix that with some wooden dowels inside the pylons, but they can't reach far because the pylons are angled. I had also never done a 3d printed model before, so I didn't know to get rid of the printing lines. This was printed by Mad Man Shipyards. It is 18 inches, which if you do the maths is about 1/1200 scale. Ish.
*Edit: I made this 4 years ago*

I plan to do another one, more in scale with my other 1/1000 TOS Enterprises.

I modelled the base after this scene:
https://youtu.be/cJ9VMaNRF4s

If anyone has a 3d printer... hmm.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Floki
Elite Member

Re: USS-Vengeance

Post by Floki »

That's really cool! To smooth out the printer lines I use sla printer resin. It works really good and only have to do minimal sanding in the end. I have two large scale fdm printers and a elegoo Saturn sla. I have them going almost constantly. Making some phase 2 clone armor right now in hopes to join the 501st legion soon.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

That's really cool!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

That is sweet! Magnificent work man! I need to re-watch that movie as I don't remember that ship. I don't know why either; it is such an awesomely cool ship! :shoutout:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Thanks so much guys! It is no where near my best sci fi work, and to redo it would be a lot of fun.
That being said, I do love seeing on my display with my other large ships. I think it looks pretty sharp next to all the other white ships.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Isn't that the ship that blew the crap out of the Enterprise? Shocking amount of weapons! OP.
Looks cool. I didn't know anyone made it. What sale is it?
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

It is (one of the many) ships that blew the crap out of the Enterprise :lol:
Technically it is 1/1200 abouts. I just wanted in size with my 1/537 Enterprise, about 18 inches. Madman shipyards printed it for me, he has an online shop for this sort of thing.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Jeez 1200! A 1/1200 battleship is about 4 inches long! Big muthah
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Yep! 18inchx1200 is 21600. 21600 inches is 548.64 meters.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Two American football fields long!

Return to “Completed Builds: Sci-Fi”