1/1200 Uss Vengeance

Here is the place to show off the progress of your sci-fi builds.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

1/1200 Uss Vengeance

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Finally started on this bad boy. And I mean bad because SO MUCH MFING FILLER!!
I have no idea how I am going to paint this black and still make it interesting.
The real ship has as we know it in the Star Trek community, aztek panelling. But the scale that I have, those lines would be so thin that I could not mask them. The real ship is not actually black, but a multitudes of grey and silver. I don't really know what to do with this to be honest.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Floki
Elite Member

Re: 1/1200 Uss Vengeance

Post by Floki »

Is there any raised panel line detail?
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

HAHA nope. well... not really.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

How many different colors are there? Do a basic overall color then randomly mask individual squares of each color. Who am I kidding? :giggles: I’m too busy on a 1/700 scale waterline ship and I’m thinking of creating canvas covers on the cowls and cockpit areas of her aircrafts. :bag: :whistle:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Does anybody do decals for the Aztec tiles?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Not for this ship no. I was considering getting the 1/1000 Refit enterprise ones and re cutting them to fit the shapes of this ship.
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

I've seen masks for painting digital camo schemes. Maybe that could work here. Put down the lightest color first then use the masks to put down the second then the last color
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, this is fantastic! I never heard of this ship, much less seen it. Interesting, and certainly mean looking! Looking forward to seeing more of this.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

I touched it again...
The secondary hull is now attached to the primary hull. The black paint is ontop of areas I have already filled and sanded, I just needed to see what the gap was still like. (Primer without wasting primer)
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very cool! It'll be interesting to see how you paint it.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Work In Progress: Sci-Fi”